I thought this was pretty neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XwZ6acr1M8
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Cool
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 10:21:25 am »
So, that's Victoria's secret!  Pretty cool. I noticed her shaft had the butt end as the nock end. I think some Native Americans did the same.
if you look at the point end of the arrow it looks bent somewhat. I guess when you gotta do it some of that stuff doesn't matter.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 11:27:37 am »
Now that was cool. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 01:02:08 pm »
That was cool. She was shooting off the opposite side of bow to. I couldn’t tell if she had a thumb ring. Pretty good shot though and definitely concentrating on the task at hand.

She ate that looking like she was pretty hungry.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 01:45:26 pm »
Yes she doesn't throw anything back, everything is fair game.  She has a few vids like that and my wife and I have watched a few of them.  That dip she makes must be spicy and sure smacks her lips

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 08:51:18 pm »
Interesting. I have to agree Mark, that does look a bit spicy. She's a pretty accurate shot, too.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2022, 02:43:23 pm »
Looks like she is using a pinch/ two fingers under release, kinda. And that second fish looked like a common mullet.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2022, 05:01:25 pm »
Well she's getting enough table fair for her family that's for sure.Her set up is just beyond long poled gigging.
I used to see asian families fishing at a damn I fished cook their fish the same way on the shore.Sometimes they did'nt even gut the fish.You just seen the fish flipping around in the pan on its' own.They threw nothing back.Even fish only 4 to 5 inches long whole went in the skillet.
It's a different culture.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 04:10:24 am by BowEd »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Strelets

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2022, 06:45:17 am »
I'm impressed. Yes, it looks like she is using a pinch grip with one or two fingers on the string. It is not just Asians who cook fish guts and all. Bouillabaisse of Provence in southern France is a spiced stew, traditionally made with whatever fish they had, ungutted. Traditionalists say that the "refined" version that they serve in restaurants, with the fish cleaned, is just not the genuine article. Does anyone know where the young lady is fishing?

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2022, 09:12:17 am »
You can tell the bow is very light.

There is one video where she catches Piranha so I'm thinking Brazil.  She also has some spear fishing vids

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2022, 06:56:15 am »
I'm always very suspicious when i see video with asiatic people (especially gals) and "primitive technology" in the description.
Unfortunately they discovered that this kind of video produced a huge amount of views and started to make fakes to gain on advertisings
There are quite a few things there are not right
the very narrow field of camera always centered on her.
When she shoot you never see the fish. It may be well already stubbed outside of view.
The fishes are almost inactives or dead on the arrow. Not my experience when bow or spear fishing.
I rapidly watched another video and saw heavy editing and similar scene picking and setup.
In my opinion there is a great chance that is not genuine   :-T