Author Topic: Life on the Farm  (Read 117600 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Life on the Farm
« Reply #645 on: December 17, 2022, 07:05:44 am »
Then I took it home. Set it up. Put water in it. Put the lights on and turned the decoration hanging up to my wife and son.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #646 on: December 17, 2022, 07:08:34 am »
I kept our new puppy Rocky from climbing it. She was bursting with excitement and it was so cute watching her reaction to her first Christmas tree. So far so good. Everyone seems happy with it.

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #647 on: December 17, 2022, 07:10:04 am »
Here it is after everything settled down

Bjrogg

Have a Merry Merry Christmas everyone

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #648 on: December 17, 2022, 11:03:41 am »
My wife's family used to go out to a cedar hammock along the Savannah River to collect their ERC Christmas trees. We buy our's now from local tree farmers to help support them. Christmas tree farming has become a dying business here. The farmers say because it doesn't get as cold as it used to. We've always prefered live trees even with occasional needle drop. That's easy to clean up once the tree comes down.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #649 on: December 18, 2022, 03:53:43 am »
Way cool BJ, always wanted to try a Cedar. Happy Holidays to You and Yours, plus all My PA Friends  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #650 on: December 18, 2022, 09:15:57 am »
Does seem like it would be hard to make a living farming Christmas Trees Pat. I’m sure they appreciate your support .

Give it a try Bob. I don’t look for the “perfect tree”   I look for a nice main tree that has a nice top. It can be thin on the bottom. Then I fill in the bottom with branches .

I caught this guy checking out my bows in the man cave. Sure was a Jolly fellow

Bjrogg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #651 on: December 18, 2022, 05:46:19 pm »
I love cedar trees, haven't had one for years but still think of Momma Pools [my grand Mother] house when ever I smell ERC. good memories. :) Tell the old man I need some new arrows for Christmas if you see him again, Pappy in Tennessee and I been a very good boy.  :-\ ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #652 on: December 19, 2022, 01:53:40 pm »
I’ll put a word in for you Pappy. I’m pretty sure I’ll be seeing him again in the next few days.

If you keep a lookout for him you might even spot him yourself. Seems like he really gets around this time of year

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #653 on: January 05, 2023, 03:11:55 pm »
Made it to the New Year. Been doing inventory, financial statements, tax preparation etc. all that stuff I’m not so good at and really don’t want to spend time getting good at. It has to be done though.

Been working in shop too.

Today I was working on computer when my nephew said come here, you gotta see this.

It must be that week. Every year around this time mating season for the red fox keeps them roaming around in the daytime.

A pair were running around our farm buildings and barking up a storm. It was really fun watching them.

Don’t know if you can see them. I should have gotten better pictures but I didn’t have my phone at first.

Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #654 on: January 05, 2023, 03:13:29 pm »
Here’s number 2

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #655 on: January 05, 2023, 03:14:28 pm »
Here’s both of them.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #656 on: January 06, 2023, 03:50:40 am »
That's cool BJ ! Haven't seen or heard a Fox (Red or Grey) around Me in Years. Coyotes ran them all off sadly. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #657 on: January 06, 2023, 06:56:18 am »
Was the same around here for years Bob. They have really made a nice comeback though. I think they are less afraid of people than they are of coyotes. They really seem to have their territory closer to people now and I often see them laying on peoples lawns and hear lots of stories about people having them hanging around their buildings.

I’m sure glad to see them having good numbers again. They are my favorite animals to watch. They are not only beautiful. They are comical and entertaining the way they run around, hunt and play

Bjrogg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #658 on: January 06, 2023, 08:23:14 am »
Nice pictures BJ, they were gone from here for a while, use to see them all the time when I was a kid but when the coyotes showed up they seemed to disappear, but are making a come back now, as you said seems they are staying closer to people, probably figured out it was safer for them, :-\ have a pair in my back yard area, they have a small litter /4 or 5 pups every year for the last few years, fun to watch. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #659 on: January 06, 2023, 08:40:45 am »
Wow no snow, almost like what we have here.  Almost lost all our snow last week from rain and warm weather.

Plenty of fox here
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com