Author Topic: Glass Butts gathering?  (Read 1753 times)

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Glass Butts gathering?
« on: February 02, 2022, 10:05:36 pm »
Does anyone know if the glass buttes gathering is happening this year and if it is know the dates?

My cousin is still working in Oregon and this is probably the last year he will be there. He’s wanted to go the last two years but I think they were canceled because of Covid

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Patches

Re: Glass Butts gathering?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 09:39:13 am »
Puget Sound Knappers website has it listed for March 19th through March 27th, 2022.

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 10:10:43 am »
Thanks Neal
Bjrogg

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2022, 11:24:49 am »
After taking a year to “travel and play” I’ll be set up to come pick up obsidian this year! If he ends up coming I’d go look for good quarries with him. Take him to the dacite pits too! I worked the summer at crater lake and got hooked into picking the huckleberries/blackberries and chasing black bears and didn’t harvest a single yew tree or drive up to collect any rock.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2022, 12:17:49 pm »
Tracker I was hoping you would pop in here.

I think his work schedule might end up changing and he might be done or not staying in Oregon after June.

I’m going to send you a pm with his number. I know he would really like to meet up. He’s been out a couple times by himself and collected some pretty good quality stuff. Still doesn’t really know the whole area though.

If I understand he was scheduled to be home the weekend of the gathering and already had his tickets home. But he thought if he had someone who knew where he could pitch a tent he might still try going.

He was asking if I still had your number.

Bjrogg

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2022, 12:58:02 pm »
I’ll go check my messages then!
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2022, 05:19:56 pm »
Hope you two run into each other Tracker. Nice to hear from you again.

Thanks for the reply

Bjrogg