Author Topic: Wild Rose Arrow Article  (Read 2306 times)

Offline blindarcher

Wild Rose Arrow Article
« on: February 03, 2022, 03:08:56 pm »
Hi All,

I recently completed a document about making arrows from Wild Rose.  As usual I got carried away and the document is 1.8MB in size as a PDF.  I would like to share it with the wider community, but before coming up with a means of dissecting it and submitting it as multiple files, I would like to know if there would be an interest in reading it.  I may have to do multiple posts.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks!

Black Moshannon

Re: Wild Rose Arrow Article
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 05:29:00 pm »
I’m interested

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 05:30:37 pm »
Yes, I think lots of folks would be interested.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Mesophilic

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 12:18:09 am »
Wild rose shoots are my only nstural resource,  please do!!!
Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 08:49:11 am »
You bet.I'll take a gander at your document.Even though the only kind of rose I have available here is multi flora rose.Unless I want to rob someones' garden.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline blindarcher

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 10:25:17 am »
To all those interested in getting a copy of the article, I hesitate to dissect the document to reduce size for posting. This will severely make it disjointed.  I have another proposal which I believe does not violates the rules of the site.  Send me a personal message "online", and I can send you my personal email, or just click on the email icon to send an email directly to me.  If you have an interest in the article, just email me and I can send you a copy.  It is 1.8MB as a pdf.  In the interim, I will see what I can do otherwise.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 10:54:00 am by blindarcher »

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 10:28:21 am »
Multiflora rose makes good arrow shafting but it can be a bloody mess just collecting it. It's another good example of the G&F introducing invasive exotics as a source of wildlife food and shelter like the honeysuckles, privet, lespadeza and others. At least some have other redeeming values like arrow shafting.
 blindarcher, you can post direct links as long as they have no commercial aspects or post a broken link with instructions hot to close it.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline blindarcher

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2022, 10:38:04 am »
Pat, thanks for the quick reply.

Offline ssrhythm

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2022, 02:07:41 am »
Heck yes…please post it up!