Author Topic: What do you mean, 'Can't Ship to Michigan' ?????!!!  (Read 3518 times)

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
What do you mean, 'Can't Ship to Michigan' ?????!!!
« on: February 13, 2022, 01:26:56 am »
I was just eyeing a beginner kit on the Traditions Muzzle Loaders site, (if you think that's a bad source please say so) but at the bottom of the page was a warning that said black powder firearms can't be shipped to NYC, Illinois, Ohio, and Michigan.  What the ****?!!?  I've never heard anything like that, and while I don't doubt that NYC and Chicago are gun control freaks, Ohio and Michigan are full of every kind of hunter.  Also ironic that Washington, Oregon, and CA. weren't mentioned.

Has anyone heard anything to this effect anywhere else?  I presumed it is a legal thing. 

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: What do you mean, 'Can't Ship to Michigan' ?????!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 09:43:19 am »
Traditions kits are a good beginner kit, what I have shot tend to be very accurate.

As to shipping, I looked it up and it appears to be so, no shipping to Michigan which I agree it doesn't make sense. You would probably have to have the kit sent to a FFL dealer.

These kits are out of stock at most places (Bass Pro, Midway, Sportsman Warehouse) but you may find one locally.

What model are you looking for?

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 08:21:30 pm »
Kentucky Rifle 50 cal.  I like the style and understand long rifles are more accurate for beginners, but I also don't really know what to look for.  3Rivers carried it but doesn't have it in stock anymore, Traditions seems to however.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 08:34:11 am »
Here is one in stock, looks like they will ship to Michigan.

https://muzzle-loaders.com/products/traditionstm-kentucky-rifle-kit

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 09:44:35 pm »
Thanks!  Now I should remind my uncle that my birthday is coming up ...   ;D