Author Topic: Osage Static Questions  (Read 1844 times)

Offline wooddamon1

Re: Osage Static Questions
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2022, 08:16:07 pm »
Looks like a crack on the side of the tip bend, but it's just a mark from the tea kettle I boiled the tips in. Pic freaked me out for a second. Whew!

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2022, 08:16:44 pm »
One other thing to keep in mind. A static recurve has a lot more early string tension and will feel quite heavy as soon as you start to draw. As the string lets off it makes the increase in weight a little more gradual than a straight limb. It’s easy to get fooled into thinking you have more weight than you do if your use to straight bow.

They are also a bit more difficult to string. Takes a little getting use to.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline wooddamon1

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2022, 08:30:05 pm »
Thanks, BJ. I've owned a couple static tip glass bows and you're right about early string tension. Wouldn't have known to watch for that on this one. I assume I can just follow the rule of not pulling past my intended draw weight as I tiller? Really wanting at least 45# with this one and plan on taking it slow.

Any more advice from anyone is more than welcome, you guys that commented have already helped a lot. Thanks again!

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2022, 08:58:19 pm »
Yes I would just pull to my intended draw weight. I never had a static recurve until I made one and the first one I made really fooled me. I have a pretty short draw so once I get to brace I like to be pretty close on my tiller. By the time I got braced and got a decent tiller I was under weight. It’s just a little different.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise