Author Topic: Hurricane Ian  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Parnell

Re: Hurricane Ian
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2022, 10:12:25 am »
I appreciate your thought, all of you.  With so much work to be done it is helping me just move forward.  Just saw news footage this morning of the coastal damage.  The power of moving water is awe inspiring.  I am seeing I-75 is out for miles in Roger’s stretch about 40-70 miles north of me with the Myakka River flooding it all.

Still no power but Angie’s Ma has it a couple streets back so got good sleep, a hot shower, hot food,  and information last night.

So many appointments and irregularities to sort out with the timing of all this and mom’s final needs but it will all be completed.  My buddy Don has it so much worse.  Concerned for him….hoping to help him ASAP, but they aren’t in danger.

Best,

Stephen
1’—>1’

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2022, 02:30:58 pm »
Steve,
Our condolences for your mother's passing!  Hope all is going well in the recovery effort!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2022, 07:55:08 am »
I’m sure it’s been a busy week Steve. But I’m hoping things are going ok.

Just letting you know I’m still thinking and praying for you all.

Bjrogg

A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Parnell

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2022, 02:07:21 pm »
Yes, quite a week.  We have established some type of baseline at my bud’s.  Dry wall out and basic clearing done.  There are some massive trees that will likely take some professionals.  We will see.
I’m glad that timelines are shaping up and a mindset is coming together.  Mom’s funeral mass will be in mid-November back up outside Chicago where my dad was placed.

Feels good to be moving forward.  Just focusing on keeping healthy and getting rest.  More work to do in recovery for awhile, but at least the filthiest work is done.

Thanks again.
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2022, 07:57:44 pm »
Glad things are coming along Steve. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2022, 12:21:58 pm »
Thanks Pappy.  They are.  Lots of volunteering, etc.  We are all pitching in.  Angie has been packaging food and helping organize things at the church.  It’s encouraging to see the disaster bring out most people’s best.

Very interesting to begin hearing how these flooded coastal areas are already being rezoned, building codes changing, etc.  I am hearing no one will be allowed to stay on “ground level”.  Wonder what that means for businesses?  So many folks will simply clear out and there is much talk about creating so much more environmental preserve, etc.

Gonna be fascinating to witness.  When Governor Desantis’ Everglades deadlines are met, water flow and improvements are made I wonder if the SWFL coast could really be seeing finer days in the future.  Only time will tell.  One thing for sure…this will happen again!
1’—>1’

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2022, 05:56:09 pm »
Thanks for the update, Steve. Glad to hear things are going the best they can. It takes a village at times like this.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Parnell

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2022, 04:46:55 pm »
Unquestionably, Pat.  Spent the day burning wet paper.  Nasty job and stinky.  But, couldn’t be more pleased to be trusted with such an important task.

The progress continues.
1’—>1’

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2022, 12:56:19 am »
Glad to hear y"all are mostly ok! Headin in to some sort of winter here. Coldish and snowy!