Author Topic: Cane arrow tuning help please  (Read 3778 times)

Offline allanmeier

Cane arrow tuning help please
« on: December 08, 2022, 04:13:58 pm »
Just making some Tonkin Cane arrows. I'm just in the process of tuning them to my bow, and noticed that they vary quite a lot between shafts - 20 or 30 grains difference.

How much will this affect tuning if the spine weight and length are the same?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Cane arrow tuning help please
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 04:18:41 pm »
Make them a couple of inches longer than your draw length so you can make adjustments by reducing the length a little at a time.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2022, 04:48:25 pm »
Spine is more important than weight IMO. 20 or 30 grains shouldn't make a big difference on closer shots. If your arrows are spined correctly and tuned to the bow you should be fine unless you're shooting further distances. Do as Pat suggested and keep them on the longer side until you find out what length flies best. Good luck.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2022, 08:56:24 pm »
you could wrap some tape on the lighter ones to get the weights to match,, but I agree,, wont make much difference on close shots

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 07:31:52 am »
Like PaSteve said your spine is the important thing.20 grains difference for target or hunt shooting won't be affecting it much.
Bamboo is about the hardest shafts to buy to be consistent unless it's done by the seller before you get them.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed