Author Topic: Performance?  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Jano

Re: Performance?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2022, 04:20:55 am »
As I wrote before, one can scribe whatever front profile and choose any stress distribution and then make the bow after this model. But everytime you will get charts of data ( with achieved strains along the limbs ) useful for comparing with following bows. After an experience with bendmetering I felt quite "blindly", when not using it in  bow tillering. 

Jim, I am glad too. My last selfbow tillered by bendmetering was made in 2014. These bows never broke   :)  , hence I had enough of them for use.  From this time I am interrested in ( studying the theory mainly ) hornbowmaking. 

Offline Selfbowman

Re: Performance?
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2022, 08:56:27 am »
Jim I agree about the pyramid. It’s easy to distribute the mass evenly. This puts all mass where it needs to be. Yes m a firm believer that perfect diminishing mass will be the fastest smoothest shooting bow you can make. Now you throw recurve or flipped tips into the picture and it changes the mass distribution some but the gains are more beneficial than the extra mass to a point. And yes it’s a fine line where the benefits stop .
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!