Author Topic: Rained out @ work - went cane huntin.  (Read 8262 times)

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
Re: Rained out @ work - went cane huntin.
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 01:05:24 am »
I am jealous! Great haul.
    Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 10:23:51 am »
You did get a cane or two.
That should make some arrows for sure.
Nice haul

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 10:30:43 am »
Nice haul,got enough for several Arrow there. :) ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 11:18:15 pm »
Yep, hoping to get several out of it :). I cut some big one's too, thinking about making some extra large arra's just to hang on the wall or give for gifts/trade.
 I'm gonna be in real trouble now when I get home, had to scoot the cane out of the way. A nice gentleman down the road from our job was clearing his six acres and told me to take all the hic I wanted. May bring him a load of mesquite next week and haul another load of hic home ;D.

[attachment deleted by admin]
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 11:42:04 pm »
You are a BUM....you keep posting this Stuff to Rub It In....You aint as Nice as I thought you were Paul.....youre a Big Meanie....You dont just rub salt in a Poor Boys wounds.......you Stir the Crap with an Outboard Motor!!!!!

;D :D ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cowboy

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2008, 12:04:43 am »
 ;D ;D heheh, sorry Michael - I just love those raw materials, wish more people would post em :). When I get another job in Colorado I'll haul a few of em with me. I usually go through Amarillo, Dumas, Texline - in that order. I'll lean em against a fence post along the way and you can go pick em up ;D.
  This feller impressed me some. He is 76 years old, has a better fisique than me (which ain't sayin a whole lot). He's taking these trees down with his backhoe and cuttin em up with a chainsaw by himself and burning it all just to get rid of it - I was more than happy to help him out ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Little John

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008, 12:55:38 am »
Pretty cool, What does your company think of your company truck being so full of archery material that it can't be used on the job, L.O.L. Any way surely they couldn't hold that against a guy. Nice haul Cow bopy.     Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2008, 02:19:32 am »
Dang Paul, I think you could have one bow for each arrow. I do admire your resourcefullness.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2008, 09:03:11 am »
It must be the big ol Texas smile that endears complete strangers to you and makes them want to give ya stuff ::)

Nice haul Paul :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2008, 09:34:53 am »
That is a nice haul...the cane looks better to me at the moment then the hickory.

A couple of PA gentlemen (not the state) who shall remain nameless unless they chose otherwise were lucky by being the last ones to leave the Classic...got their truck loaded with seasoned hickory staves, yes they did! ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline cowboy

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2008, 01:34:27 am »
What happens out of state - stays out of state kenneth, as long as the job comes in under hours and budget ;D. This is my new priority - bringing home more work than my real job, hehe..
 I feel like your about right there Justin - split up about half of it awhile ago, lots of staves. Noticed one of them dang wood wasps crawling around on em - got my work cut out for me tomorrow :P.
 I do smile alot Dana, that may have something to do with it ::). Ya know, that lost little puppy look? Makes em feel all sorry and generous ;D. Naw, it takes a lot of driving and hard work away from my job to locate such deals. That's the ONLY plus to doing what I do as far as I can tell - bringing stuff home I mean O:).
 Tell ya what Greg - I may be one of the last to leave next year ;D. Seems like I heard someone mention hauling off a load of something from there - can't remember who it was though? (Brian/koan?). Anyway, I figure since hic don't grow around here - I might as well git it while the gittins good >:D.

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2008, 07:34:58 pm »
omg you anal dwelling butmonkeys!(a direct quote form the movie "bruce almighty")

i dont give a hoot about the cane, i got it out of the ears,

but ya couldnt drop one of those hick logs in my front yard on the way home?  :-\

lets just shoot it

Offline cowboy

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2008, 11:11:23 am »
Ahh, too bad recurve. I don't travel through La, take the high road - Memphis, Little Rock, Texarkana. If I get a job down your way, I'll definantly give ya a holler though :).

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2008, 05:49:10 pm »
  Recurve, I was just in La, around Lafourche and Kenner. Man that place is loaded with Mulberry. I saw it growing like weeds everywhere I looked. It's a lot better than Hickory.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2008, 06:17:42 pm »
didnt know that. i aint so jealous now.
lets just shoot it