Author Topic: getting ready  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Muleman

getting ready
« on: August 18, 2022, 07:20:55 pm »
trimmed the mules manes yesterday,farrier coming next week for their hooves,checked the saddle,pack saddle and panniers,getting excited its getting close to go time,be testing my home made trade points so far so good,arrows are dialed in,been shooting 10 to 20 quality arrows a night,anybody coming out west to hunt this year?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: getting ready
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 07:24:45 am »
Headed to Colorado the 30 th of August for 2 weeks, in the white river area near Meeker to the east. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 09:09:49 am »
I'm hoping next year will be my first venture "out west".  Time is coming.  Hope you guys have a great time together, Pappy.
1’—>1’

Offline Muleman

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 12:17:49 pm »
Pappy,lots of elk around there,good to have a bear tag in your pocket too,lots of moisture in the mtns this year not many fires,if it's warm I'd find a wallow and sit it

Offline TimBo

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 02:48:29 pm »
Some day...bowhunting Rocky Mountain elk is my dream hunt.  Enjoy, and maybe send some pictures our way when you can!

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2022, 04:35:49 pm »
I'm getting ready too!  Drew a good elk tag this year.  Getting my arrows all tuned and blades sharpened up.  Can't wait to get out there!  Good luck, everybody.  Can't wait to see (and maybe share) some success photos.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Muleman

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2022, 11:47:08 am »
just got back from deer camp,2 deer and 2 antelope were taken but not by myself but got the all the hides from the kills so that's a good deal,many blown stalks on my part,past on a mule deer doe at 11yds that had triplets with her(2 nights in a row)at a waterhole in a pop up blind,lots of deer,most were too far for my primitive set up,well on to elk hunting as soon as muzzeloader season ends this sunday,take care Mule.