Author Topic: Usps insurance help  (Read 924 times)

Offline sleek

Usps insurance help
« on: August 22, 2022, 02:28:21 pm »
Whelp, it finally happened. Had a bow break in shipping. Anyone know how the usps insurance machine works?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline mmattockx

Re: Usps insurance help
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 06:10:47 pm »
Whelp, it finally happened. Had a bow break in shipping. Anyone know how the usps insurance machine works?

I am Canuck, but I did have to make one claim through USPS on a model airplane engine that disappeared in customs for over a month. It vanished off the tracking system and we though it was gone, so we started a claim. Then it showed up at my door so the claim was cancelled and I never got to find out how it would have been cleared.

The way it went was that the shipper had to make the claim and the shipper was the one who got reimbursed. I assume they will pay out the insured value of the item fairly easily but anything extra or outside the lines will be a huge PITA to claim.

Mark

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Usps insurance help
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 09:33:37 pm »
You have to have proof of value in the form of a sales receipt to ensure the claim will go through easily, they don't take your word for it.

I kept a book of blank sales receipts and filled one out marked "paid in full" with the price to look authentic even if I was giving a bow away for free.

The only broke one bow for me, with the sales receipt in the box I had my money within two weeks.