Author Topic: two new videos - show your bow show and ghosts in the forest  (Read 845 times)

Offline BrianS

two new videos - show your bow show and ghosts in the forest
« on: August 24, 2022, 11:34:05 am »
Hello Everybody,
Since I have retired, I've been fooling around making more you tube videos. Here are two of them.
The Show your Bow Show and Ghosts in the Forest.
take care,
brian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UKYovQKzxI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csYs19Ijj7w

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: two new videos - show your bow show and ghosts in the forest
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 04:51:30 pm »
Good vids Brian.Your becoming more technology literate than I am.
While coon hunting a number of times strange out of place noises are heard too at 3 to 4 AM.
Some are just kids partying down along the river or at the end of a goat rode.Some are bobcats screaming.Others are dairy bulls growling....or bucks grunting ha ha.Some are never explained.
Like your leather outfit and holey bows.Is it some of your own self done brain tan?
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline BrianS

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 06:43:28 pm »
BowEd,
The buckskins were brain tanned by a good friend of mine Rob. I have brain tanned a few deer hides and although I am somewhat pleased with where I am at with my first attempts, mine are not quite garment material. Now that I have retired and will have more free time, I am hoping to do more and improve on my results. My friend Rob has tanned more than I and his are much better than mine. Here is a link to a video I made 3 years ago about Rob and his tanning.
Take care,
Brian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LENVweuZcT4

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 08:12:56 pm »
Thanks....Good interview.My first attempts needed rebraining.I think most do.I hate to throw away useful things also.
Access to hides limit many ambitious future brain tanners.Once you figure out how to get them properly prepared & brained the rest comes rather easy.Nowadays a 1 time roping is all that is needed.
I was fortunate back when I started to live by a small town that had a rendering plant that picked up road killed deer.I knew all the fellas that worked there.In buckskinner style I arranged a trade with the foreman on the skinning floor.
Did 30 hides that winter from february through march & a few more winters after that.Did them in the basement of my old farm house heated with a wood burner.
Sold most but made many many things along the way too.I'll be making more stuff when the winter winds begin to blow.It makes a fella appreciate the knowledge seamstress's have.
A person can get into other aspects of decorating like beadwork and quill work.
Back then [1980's] it sold for $10.00 square foot.Nowadays closer to $20.00 square foot.Not on the internet for me though just through my bucksinning contacts.Still stay in touch with them to this day.
There's still a very good market out there for them.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 07:16:13 am by BowEd »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed