Author Topic: email notifications  (Read 1873 times)

Offline willie

email notifications
« on: August 31, 2022, 03:24:25 am »
can anybody confirm if email notifications (for when someone posts in a topic I am posting in) still works?

I believe it did at one time, but has not worked for me in a while.     (yes, I have looked in my junk mail, and
its set up in my profile)
tx

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: email notifications
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 10:26:26 am »
Willie, I still get notifications when PM are sent to me.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline willie

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 04:31:15 pm »
Pat
if you are willing to help test, could you send me a pm to at least see if the pm notifications are working for me?

Offline willie

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 04:37:44 pm »
Pat,
if you click on  profile at the top, then notifications in the left side of the page that comes up. then you should be able to get email notifications for posts in threads you have posted to.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2022, 12:53:32 am »
I'll send you a PM.

This is what I have checked on my profile.."Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email."
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline willie

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2022, 01:24:28 am »
Pat,
I got the pm, but did not get the email from the forum.

thanks

maybe I will wait and see if anyone else posts before I track this further

Offline TrevorM

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2022, 10:59:17 am »
Did you check that your profile email address is correct?
Trevor

Offline willie

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2022, 03:58:09 pm »

yes,
actually,  I updated my email on the profile but that change generated a verification email to be sent, and as I am not able to get any emails from the server, I was effectively locked out and needed to contact calendergirl by a different method to get my account reactivated.

just hoping I can confirm email notifications are working properly here before I contact my email provider.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2022, 06:06:59 pm »
I only checked the top box but not the lower box. Try un-checking the lower box on your profile.

Offline willie

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2022, 07:37:06 pm »
I only checked the top box but not the lower box. Try un-checking the lower box on your profile.

Ok, with unchecked lower box now. will wait until someone posts in a topic i have enabled notifications for.

Offline TrevorM

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2022, 10:01:41 am »

yes,
actually,  I updated my email on the profile but that change generated a verification email to be sent, and as I am not able to get any emails from the server, I was effectively locked out and needed to contact calendergirl by a different method to get my account reactivated.

just hoping I can confirm email notifications are working properly here before I contact my email provider.

That sounds more like it's being blocked on your side of the email, it's probably been flaged as spam. Do you have a spam/junk folder?
Trevor

Offline willie

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2022, 03:25:28 am »
[quote author=TrevorM link=topic=71670.msg1004917#msg1004917
That sounds more like it's being blocked on your side of the email, it's probably been flaged as spam. Do you have a spam/junk folder?
[/quote]

Trevor, my email provider has a filter set that deletes the most obvious spam, and I get all the rest. I could raise the threshhold and have lower scoring emails sent to a spam folder a spam/junk folder, but do not. It all comes to my inbox. That said, there is a provision to contact my provider and open a ticket to have them look and see if their filter is needlessly catching forum emails, which I intend to do if I can only verify whether email notifications for new postings are actually working for any other members here.

Offline TrevorM

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2022, 09:51:47 am »
I think most providers are able to whitelist email from a domain (primitivearcher.com) which would solve the problem. Yes I do receive notifications for PM's.
Trevor

Offline willie

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2022, 03:43:13 pm »
I think most providers are able to whitelist email from a domain (primitivearcher.com) which would solve the problem. Yes I do receive notifications for PM's.

thanks for the confirmation and whitelisting suggestion