Author Topic: Stave sources drying up  (Read 2975 times)

Offline Dvshunter

Re: Stave sources drying up
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2022, 05:43:44 pm »
Mojam will have osage next year for sure. I can guarantee it.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2022, 08:39:48 pm »
Mojam will have osage next year for sure. I can guarantee it.

Are you challenging me to be there? Don't threaten me with a good time!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2022, 03:05:45 am »
There may even be a double batch of MoJam Ale available!  If you are having severe withdrawal symptoms, I have a couple of Osage staves available!  Your choice!  Just a short hop down US 385 to Chappel, NE.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2022, 12:10:50 pm »
There may even be a double batch of MoJam Ale available!  If you are having severe withdrawal symptoms, I have a couple of Osage staves available!  Your choice!  Just a short hop down US 385 to Chappel, NE.
Hawkdancer

I was hooked up locally with someone that had a few for me. Meanwhile, I am thinking MoJam may just have to be on my radar for next year.

A run to Nebraska in the short term is something I might just consider. There is always the added benefit of swapping a few home brews and shooting the breeze.

Offline ssrhythm

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2022, 11:08:12 am »
Where do you live?  If you are willing to drive, just drive to SE Ohio, or Indiana or anywhere else Osage grows, look up property owners on OnX, and start knocking on some doors.  I haven’t found anyone yet that minded me going in and cutting a couple of Osage trees down, as most farmers/landowners see no value in them and often see them as a trash tree.  I haven’t cut any in two years, and I’ve got a bunch of staves, but the ones I have left are all twisty and are not very good.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2022, 07:27:46 pm »
Where do you live?  If you are willing to drive, just drive to SE Ohio, or Indiana or anywhere else Osage grows, look up property owners on OnX, and start knocking on some doors.  I haven’t found anyone yet that minded me going in and cutting a couple of Osage trees down, as most farmers/landowners see no value in them and often see them as a trash tree.  I haven’t cut any in two years, and I’ve got a bunch of staves, but the ones I have left are all twisty and are not very good.

Cincinatti is a mere 17 hour drive for me. All else fails, I might just have to go to the Tennessee Classic. That's 16 hours, but at least I get to play with the fun kids!