Main Discussion Area > Muzzleloaders

Bear hunt

(1/4) > >>

Buckskinner:
Heading up north for a bear hunt with the smoothbore 20ga tomorrow, throw in some sturgeon and other fishing as well. Should be a fun 10 or so days away from it all and hopefully first big game taken with a flintlock!  Was hoping to use a stick bow, but I'm just not quite there yet for confidence. But still planning on deer hunting with it this fall...

Pat B:
Safe travels and best of luck on your bear hunt and fishing. Don't forget your camera. We want stories and pics.   :OK

WhistlingBadger:
Good luck!  Can't wait to hear some stories!

Buckskinner:
Thanks!  Should be a fun time, all packed up and ready to roll in the morning. I will report back after the hunt. 4 guys with tags so should be fun.  Probably have some bear grease to spare if anyone is interested.  I could probably get as much as I want or process.

Buckskinner:
Well, it took 6 days in the stand in northern Wisconsin but finally got my bear! Saw a small one first day that I let go and another later that day that I would have taken but wouldn't give me a good shot, so didn't push it.
This one came on to the bait the last day of my hunt, 383# sow without cubs, by the head I figured it was a boar. She was nearly dry so must have kicked the cubs out few weeks ago. Big beast that was a real chore getting out of the woods, luckily it was only 70 yds drag to the river where we could float it down to the truck and river was only about 18" at deepest. Fun hunt and hard to be back in real world aside from being back with the family...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version