Main Discussion Area > Primitive Skills

Elk leg possibles pouch

<< < (3/4) > >>

BowEd:
A couple of 4 directions crosses and now I'm done.

Colors are greasy yellow,ponytrader blue,red,white,and arapaho green.All mostly old pale colors.Beads are # 11 seed beads.Don't care for the iridescent & translusant type beadwork colors being put on pow wow dancers outfits these days.

Chumash:
A great work, thanks for sharing

BowEd:
A close up look at my work...Not in any way perfect at all but good enough for me this time.I've done better and seen better.Taking your time more will give better results. An example as you can see the rows are humped up with the siouw lazy stitch being used.A little applique stitching laying flatter with the round rosette.As the types of stitches being described in the Buck and Doe deer leg pouches thread.

BowEd:
I'm having thoughts at the moment of making a hunting quiver out of this brain tanned elk that'll only hold only 4 to 5  broadhead arrows.It'll suit the type of bow hunting that I do nowadays.A quiver for a 4 to 5 hour hunt.
The quivers I use now will hold 12 to 15 arrows and meant for 3D shooting mostly.
Maybe a little fringe and beadwork on it also.It's good to ruminate about these decisions a while to make exactly what you will like for yourself.
I've never been a fan of making stuff for display only.My stuff has to function and function well for what it's meant for.
It holds more value IMHO.In fact stuff that does'nt look well but functions well holds more value IMHO.

BowEd:
I did some trading with a fella who knows how to quill really good.
I replaced some of my shabby beadwork with his work on this bag.It makes it look like a real key hole design.
I can't say enough about this guys attention to details.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version