Author Topic: Draw length and bow length  (Read 2384 times)

Offline bradsmith2010

Re: Draw length and bow length
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2022, 09:13:32 pm »
this is over simplified,, depending on where you anchor can change your draw, depending on how you stand can change your draw,, so lots of variables,, if you shooting a 23inch draw bow,, there is no anchor,,
if you have a way that works for you,, make the bow that suites you,,,where you feel comfortable with the anchor,, some insist there is only one way to shoot good form,, ok,, but around the world,, lots of different right ways,, it is harder for me to achieve accuracy with a short no anchor bow,, but I think if you had been shooting like that since you were 2,,, you could be deadly

Offline superdav95

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2022, 10:12:11 pm »
Well said brad. I don’t think there is any one way for shooting. When I shoot a shorter bow with shorter draw I typically cant the bow heavily and way more then I would normally.  My anchor is different and I pull pretty well to my eye with short draw. My palm will sometimes rest on my cheek area beside my nose.    I find it helps to get better accuracy as I can look down the arrow that’s resting on an almost horizontal bow.  Actually Ryan gill has a good video on this with shooting short draw primitive bows.  Might be good to watch if your doing some research.   Some of those shorter draw bows are really fun to shoot too.  ELB. English long bow.  Hope this helps. 
Sticks and stones and other poky stabby things.

superdav95@gmail.com

Offline Muskyman

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2022, 10:38:27 pm »
It does Dave and I agree Brad. My style is my style, not for everyone but, it works for me. I like to shoot but mainly it’s practice for hunting and I really don’t need a bow that I’m going to have to change how I shoot.  After I’ve made a bunch of bows I might make one just to shoot for fun but for now I’m going to make one that fits me and my draw length. Also one that don’t worry is gonna break every time I draw it..
I’ll probably make the same kind of bow as the few I’ve made for now. Basically a flat limbed bow inch or so handle fading out to 1 1/2 for about half way down the limb tapering to about 1/2 inch at the nocks. That’s pretty much style I have been making and I’ll probably stick with it for now..

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2022, 10:57:25 pm »
I shoot and make for hunting,, I shoot far for fun, up close to kill