Main Discussion Area > Primitive Skills

coyote possibles pouch

(1/4) > >>

BowEd:
A coyote fronted possibles pouch made with brain tanned deer hide and round braided brain tanned elk neck lace for a carrying strap.
Nice darkely smoked hide for the seed beads to stand out on the flap.Used more #11 seed beads of mostly cheyenne pink as the back ground.Sawtooth edge design along bottom edge and also used in hour glass effigy representing the 4 direction colors.All lazy stitched.
I've had a call for these type pouches from a Fur and Trade era dealer.

I remember getting this coyote.My old hammer dog caught him after about a half a mile race one -10 F. night.Snow was well over a foot deep.One of the toughest hounds I ever carried to the woods.There's enough hide left on the coyote to make a hat from him yet.Great critter to make quivers,hats or pouches from.

Close up of beadwork.Again not my best work but good enough.

Been out a few times deer hunting.The weather is great.Seen a good amount of does and passed on a couple shots for one reason or another.The action is picking up though.

chamookman:
That is really cool Ed - lot's of talent there for sure. Thanks for sharing  (=) Bob.

BowEd:
Thanks Bob....Like most things if you want something and you don't want to pay someone you learn to do it yourself.
Paractice makes perfect.It's relaxing to do once you get the hang of it.
Need good lighting and a good set of eyes.

PaSteve:
I really like that one, Ed. You're a man of many talents. My lady friend does a lot of beading, so I understand how tedious that work can get.

Pappy:
Very nice Ed, that's a beauty. :)
 Pappy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version