Author Topic: rubber blunts  (Read 6512 times)

Offline Postman

rubber blunts
« on: May 19, 2008, 11:31:13 am »
Found a way to extend the life of those pricey rubber blunts -  jam a rubber band down inside before installing them so that only about 1/2 of the sleeve is on the arrow.  when they hit, instead of punching through, the blunt turns to the side, and you can push it back for the next shot. I like stumping with them, and don't have to worry about my 5 and 3 year olds getting hurt on the points when they fetch the arrow for me.   ;)  great way to take a walk with your kids.  Now if I could only  get them to quiet up a bit.....Anybody come up with a fur silencer for a 3-year old? ;D
John
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline Postman

Re: rubber blunts
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 11:54:18 am »
cool - extreme cowtipping. ;D do those "houlihans" have bad attitudes?
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline Traxx

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 07:08:18 pm »
Little John,
I would highly advise against that notion.It is not only illegal,but very irresponsible as well.You will not like the consequences,of your actions,if caught.There are more eyes out on Public range than you know.

bow kid44

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 06:56:05 pm »
i dont know about fur silencers but try duct tape

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 06:01:47 pm »
Little John,
I would highly advise against that notion.It is not only illegal,but very irresponsible as well.You will not like the consequences,of your actions,if caught.There are more eyes out on Public range than you know.

aw why you guys got to be so harsh on me and my fellow funlovers? just tell the guy that it aint a good idea cuz the popo might not take kindly to it. dont be all stiff about it, lol. im sure he would take it a little better that way.  ;)
lets just shoot it

Offline david w.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 06:06:18 pm »
I have been needing to get some of those rubber blunts to stump shoot wild range cattle, kind of like catch and release big game hunting.   These cattle are on govt. land and as wild as any big game, shopuld make good stalking practice.   Kenneth

the amish by our friends house dont take very good care of their animals and sometimes he will wake up and see donkeys in is lawn.  After trying different things he finally settled on rubber blunts ;D
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 07:27:21 pm »
lol, pest controll for super dooper pests!
lets just shoot it

Offline Traxx

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 01:53:43 pm »
aw why you guys got to be so harsh on me and my fellow funlovers? just tell the guy that it aint a good idea cuz the popo might not take kindly to it. dont be all stiff about it, lol. im sure he would take it a little better that way.   
Im hopein he took it,just the way i relayed it,because its a Stiff situation,with Stiff penalties.Cattle on Public Land,are private property,and someones livelyhood.As i said,its irrisponsible behavior,that Tarnishes the Hunters image even more than it already is.Every year,public and private property,is damaged and destroyed,by Fellow Funlovers.Why do i take this so seriously?I,as well as family and friends,have to deal with these situations,and often times are the ones arresting these Fellow Funlovers.

Offline stiknstring

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 02:20:01 pm »
I read posts like this and often wonder what happened to "ethics and law abiding"

I got in to a heated argument with a guy who thought it was a good idea to BLUNT A DEER during the off season to test his hunting ability.  I informed him that it was seen by DFWP as harrassment of a game animal and was punishable by law...the guy blew a cork at ME for telling him the law. He got all snotty and said things about it just being fun and ruining his fun and how I was no fun etc....Maybe he NEEDS the fine.  How are these kids being raised? If I would have done that kind of thing my dad would have busted my bow and arrows across my backside. I would really like to see more respect for the law being instilled in our youth.   Good for you Traxx on setting it down straight to Mr Cow Blunter.

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 03:08:07 pm »
Let him shoot the cows for entertainment.  We can be entertained when we see the story on the 6:oo news.  Man trampled to death in stampede.  Sometimes the fines and moral issues are not enough.  When I was younger and living with my parents, there was a couple of teens that I went to school with got caught shooting our horses with BB guns.  My entertainment was seeing the wrecker come pick up the car they were driving because it suddenly sprang an oil leak.  I always did like armor piercing 308 cal bullets.

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 08:27:13 pm »
lol, dont get me wrong guys, i think it aint a reall good idea iether, but im sure he dont really mean any harm. im sure he has gotten the point now and it aint no need bringing it any further. if all the stuff yall have threw out there aint convenced him yet, aint no need staying all tense about it.  ;)
lets just shoot it

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 09:12:13 pm »
After spending half of my life dealing with durn stupid cows, the only use I have for one anymore is medium rare on a plate. :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 09:18:53 pm »
  I'm with you there Steve, and after eating horse in Brazil I'll take them cooked the same.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 09:21:57 pm »
Never tried horse, but always wanted to. Seems like they would have to be pretty good. See-blunts to food in 13.2 posts, not bad.  ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline stiknstring

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 10:15:55 pm »
Hmmmmm...we have THREE horses. I probably should not let my wife read this thread, she might not sleep worrying on what I might try next