Main Discussion Area > Hunting 2022

Not a Deer BUT

(1/3) > >>

Pappy:
Didn't see any deer this morning but did see some Turkey, we can take 1 Tom or bearded hen during our Bow season here so I took advantage of that this morning. 18 lbs-8 inch beard and 5/8 spurs. Sot at 8 yards from my stand, I see a lot of Turkey but it is really tough to get a shot from a tree since from the time they are hatched most of there enemies come from above so any thing out of the way or any movement and they are gone, I was blessed this morning that he came in right under my stand and then walked straight away, the best shot with a bow is when they are walking away, they can see almost all the way around them except straight behind. I shot him right between the wings and he ran about 40/50 yards. I was using my old faithful Osage bow I built in 2012 with PO cedar shaft fletched with wild turkey feathers [who knows could have been his brothers feathers, they were killed in the same area ]  ;) :) :) :) :) tipped with a 160 Ace 2 bladed head.  ;) I also killed a couple nice does with this same bow 1 opening weekend and the other a week later. ;)
 Papp's

PaSteve:
Congratulations Pappy. Killing a turkey like that is pretty impressive in my book. Just getting a shot off is hard enough with their eyesight. Congrats on the deer, too.

VicNova:
Congrats! Good shooting! Turkey is a tricky target.
 That's cool you're building more fond memories with that bow. I've always liked the idea of having a trusty weapon that one day becomes an artifact within the family and has lots of great hunting stories attached to it.

osage outlaw:
Great job Pappy!  A turkey with a selfbow is quite the accomplishment.   

BowEd:
Way to go Pappy!!!I was thinking of that while I was in the stand yesterday listening to turkeys roosting.I've been waiting for that to happen to me also.I've had shots before but deer are in the area then too.Seen 2 does and 3 fawns yesterday but well out of range.The rut does'nt seem to be going strong yet.
Looks like a good aged bow by the color.I'm using an old favorite this year too.About 6 years old.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version