Author Topic: A couple viburnum arrows  (Read 2644 times)

Offline M2A

A couple viburnum arrows
« on: October 27, 2022, 08:57:07 pm »
Not had much time in the shop in the past few months. But really wanted to finish up a few hunting arrows. So spent a little time each night for the last week or so getting these ready to use. Really been liking shoot shafts with some target arrows I made over the summer so fixed these ones up to hunt with. Was never sure I'd be too partial to 2 fletch but after finding all I could on-line and getting a pair from Pat B in the trade this year figured I'd give it a go. Used secondary goose feathers cut to 4" and left half on the off side. Very pleased with how they fly, suppose that has more to do with a good spine than anything so I got lucky :). I did leave some extra feather at the leading edge, Which I think is more northern plains style than eastern woodland but I always liked that look. Colored up the shafts with the usual plant dyes. Just need to touch up the stone just a bit then they are ready. Will have to do a neater job on the pitch glue next time.     
Mike
IMG_5145 by Mike Allridge, on Flickr
IMG_5146 by Mike Allridge, on Flickr
IMG_5147 by Mike Allridge, on Flickr           

Offline Trapper Rob

Re: A couple viburnum arrows
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 09:50:11 pm »
Those look nice

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 11:28:29 pm »
Very nice, Mike. You done good.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Allyn T

• I'm addicted to information
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 06:34:31 am »
Wow those look great
In the woods I find my peace

Offline M2A

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2022, 08:17:33 am »
Thank you fellas.
Mike