Author Topic: Missed him  (Read 2809 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Missed him
« on: October 29, 2022, 08:59:25 am »
Been seeing quite a few turkeys here lately.In fact probably 10 times more than deer.
Was in the stand yesterday and 2 gobblers came right under my stand.Thry came up from behiind so quickly I could'nt get comfortable to shoot but shot anyway.Shot from sittimg position out in front of me.I short armed him.Shot just to the left beneath him.Live and learn.
I could kick myself.
Good thing is they did'nt get too alarmed.I might get another chance.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 10:12:34 am by BowEd »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Missed him
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 12:53:41 pm »
Being close enough to make a shot is pretty good. Hopefully next time will be the one.  :OK    (SH)  :G
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022, 05:29:20 pm »
Not an easy target, for sure. I used to see a lot of turkeys in archery deer season. Shot at a few with no success. We don't even have a fall season in my WMU anymore. Was told some type of disease killed them off. I believe it. Haven't seen or heard one in years.
    On another note,  I'm kind of in the same boat....missed a buck the other afternoon. Didn't focus and shot right under him.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2022, 05:23:13 am »
It happens.I just wanted to show that things don't always turn out the way we want them as most times we only show our kills.
I helped a neighbor who shot a nice buck with a compound yesterday.Said it was around a 33 yard shot.The deer ran across my property.He hit him high he said but there was good blood still a couple hundred yards from where he shot him.We searched for around 5 hours with the 4 of us.The blood trail played out.Never found him.I'm afraid it was a flesh wound.He might show up on his camera sometime.
His wife did find a nice big shed though.
Luckily it's a long season and other opportunities will come.The weather is good.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 05:40:58 am by BowEd »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 04:13:49 pm »
gobblers have a force field around them, Im sure your arrow deflected off that,, ;D I can never hit them,,
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 09:31:39 pm by bradsmith2010 »