Main Discussion Area > Shooting and Hunting

Missed him

(1/1)

BowEd:
Been seeing quite a few turkeys here lately.In fact probably 10 times more than deer.
Was in the stand yesterday and 2 gobblers came right under my stand.Thry came up from behiind so quickly I could'nt get comfortable to shoot but shot anyway.Shot from sittimg position out in front of me.I short armed him.Shot just to the left beneath him.Live and learn.
I could kick myself.
Good thing is they did'nt get too alarmed.I might get another chance.

Pat B:
Being close enough to make a shot is pretty good. Hopefully next time will be the one.  :OK    (SH)  :G

PaSteve:
Not an easy target, for sure. I used to see a lot of turkeys in archery deer season. Shot at a few with no success. We don't even have a fall season in my WMU anymore. Was told some type of disease killed them off. I believe it. Haven't seen or heard one in years.
    On another note,  I'm kind of in the same boat....missed a buck the other afternoon. Didn't focus and shot right under him.

BowEd:
It happens.I just wanted to show that things don't always turn out the way we want them as most times we only show our kills.
I helped a neighbor who shot a nice buck with a compound yesterday.Said it was around a 33 yard shot.The deer ran across my property.He hit him high he said but there was good blood still a couple hundred yards from where he shot him.We searched for around 5 hours with the 4 of us.The blood trail played out.Never found him.I'm afraid it was a flesh wound.He might show up on his camera sometime.
His wife did find a nice big shed though.
Luckily it's a long season and other opportunities will come.The weather is good.

bradsmith2010:
gobblers have a force field around them, Im sure your arrow deflected off that,, ;D I can never hit them,,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version