Author Topic: Canada Goose feather  (Read 3193 times)

Offline trad_bowhunter1965

Canada Goose feather
« on: October 29, 2022, 01:01:27 pm »
I am looking for some Canada Goose wing feathers right wing.
If you see crazy coming cross the street

Offline PaulN/KS

Re: Canada Goose feather
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 12:32:32 pm »
I think I have some down in the shop. Let me check and I'll post later.

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2022, 09:34:21 pm »
If he doesn't I may have a dozen or two.  I have friends who hunt geese as well.

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 07:52:05 am »
Please let me know what you want for them.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2022, 07:59:36 am »
Sorry it took so long but I looked all over and all I have is turkey feathers.
I think mice got into the goose feathers a few years back.
Again, Sorry.

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2022, 09:20:35 am »
No problem thanks for looking .

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2022, 04:53:35 am »
For educational purposes, you cannot trade goose feathers as they are migratory species and fall under the International Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918. You can't sell, swap, trade, exchange, barter, etc.

Now you can GIVE them away. That is perfectly legal.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2022, 09:13:49 am »
The same for wild turkey feathers in Alabama, seeing as how 99% or more of the turkey hunters throw the wings away, I put my feelers out and collected thousands of primaries over the years, what I didn't use I traded, sold or gave away. I looked at them as small change in the eyes of the game wardens and never heard a peep about the feathers from them.

Box turtle turkey calls and snakeskins were a different animal, they would get you in hot water really quickly. Box turtle calls were a no-no every where, snake skinned bows were legal in some states but a travesty with dire consequences in others.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2022, 10:36:26 am »
The same for wild turkey feathers in Alabama, seeing as how 99% or more of the turkey hunters throw the wings away, I put my feelers out and collected thousands of primaries over the years, what I didn't use I traded, sold or gave away. I looked at them as small change in the eyes of the game wardens and never heard a peep about the feathers from them.

Box turtle turkey calls and snakeskins were a different animal, they would get you in hot water really quickly. Box turtle calls were a no-no every where, snake skinned bows were legal in some states but a travesty with dire consequences in others.

I have no idea how Alabama treats turkey feathers, that is a state thing. But turkeys are not considered migratory under the Migratory Bird Treaty Ace of 1918 and the feds don't have any regulation as to how your buy, sell, or trade them.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2022, 09:36:16 am »
In Alabama it is illegal to sell any game animal parts, this has a lot to do with poachers selling deer meat on the black market. I have relatives who are good people but have friends who have friends who operate outside the fringes of the law, I don't know what the going rate for a whole deer in or out of season is now but it was $20 years ago.