Main Discussion Area > Hunting 2022

one more down

(1/2) > >>

Pappy:
Had a great few day at the cabin, managed to take this 5 point at 8 yards, double lung and he ran about 50 yards just out of my sight. Was using my old trusty Osage bow again and spruce shafts with Ace 160 head, the arrows are 550 grain and the bow is 47lbs @26, it punched out the off side about 15 inches. :) We have a thing we call the TwinOaks Grand slam, you have to take a doe/spike/3/4/5/6/7 and 8+,all have to be taken with a bow, it takes several years to fill but all I needed to fill it was a 4 point and 5 point, now I am down to a 4 point but that will have to wait till next year, all bucked out for this year. ;) :) :) Been a very good year for me, 6 shots for 4 deer and a Tom Turkey, I feel very Blessed, sometimes things just come together. :) :)
 Pappy

osage outlaw:
You have had a great year Pappy!  Nice buck.

PaSteve:
You sure are getting it done Pappy. Congratulations on another beautiful buck.

BowEd:
Congrats Pappy.Nice deer.Nice set up also.Your having a great year.
I counted seeing 14 deer yesterday.One was a nice 8 point.Rut is going on nicely.
A little highlight was watching a bobcat move by also.

Pappy:
Thanks, been a good year. Ed hope that big boy comes by close, the rut is in full swing here also and they are laying them down with smoke poles and the big guns, it will slow after Thanks giving and most of the hunters will be out of the woods, I plan on getting back after them then.  :)
 Pappy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version