Author Topic: Adirondack Trapline Adventure  (Read 1200 times)

Offline BrianS

Adirondack Trapline Adventure
« on: November 25, 2022, 04:20:10 pm »
Hello Everybody,
I just finished up this video about my friend Dino's Adirondack Trapline Adventure.
take care, brian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CNbQiwh_Vo

Offline jeffhalfrack

Re: Adirondack Trapline Adventure
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 05:04:28 pm »
Awesome,,,,I vote to make this video an historical document!,  this is as old school as it gets ,,,,just loved it thanks so much ,,,,JeffW

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 05:54:00 pm »
Looks like a great trapping adventure. Always dreamed about doing something like that.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline chamookman

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2022, 03:25:36 am »
Way cool, being an Old Water Trapper, that was My Dream Camp! Really enjoyed the Video Brian -  (=) Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2022, 05:59:33 am »
Really enjoyed that, thanks Brian for sharing. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2022, 09:34:29 am »
Great video Brian....and thanks to Dino too for sharing.
A little insight shown of what some buckskinners go through to enjoy the old life.
It's what others and I have been doing for decades from my club and Dino would fit right in.Including hunt or starve camps with all of the equipment.The processing of fur properly etc.Eating all kinds of fresh meat.
Some members of my club made their own bull boats with a couple of dug outs and floated down the missouri in Montana along the same route Lewis and Clark did.Feeding themselves along the way from the land.
A lot of planning goes into all of it.
If there is a will there is a way.I figured out to set up a wall tent by myself too with extra ropes.
Dino is fortunate to be able to leave his set up there to enjoy from year to year.
Unfortunate swing of events with the truck breaking down.

BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 10:44:01 am »
Beautiful country and another enjoyable video, Brian. Thanks for taking us along on Deno's trapping adventure.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline BrianS

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2022, 09:08:19 pm »
Thanks for all of the kind words about the video. It was easy to film and edit. Dino is very well spoken and took excellent pictures of his trip. I am very fortunate to have several friends like Dino who have the same interests as I do.
Ed, I would love to sit by a campfire with you and share some tales and experiences. I was very lucky to have a mentor way back when, before all the information that is available today on the internet. His name was Richard Zawacki and he was an old school Mountain Man! He has passed on now. If he knew you were truly interested in learning, he would share his knowledge freely with no strings attached. His encouragement and help changed my life. Even at age 65, I keep learning and do my best. Younger guys like Dino provide me with the inspiration to keep at it. I may not be a rich man as far as money goes, but I am wealthy as far as having friends like Dino.
Take care
Brian

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2022, 07:04:22 am »
Yes there are a number of buckskinning friends of mine that have gone onto greener pastures too.I'm 68 or darn near 69.
Some clubs survive with new youth and some don't,but the buckskinning life style still remains alive and well country wide.
Many weekends a year with a few week long rendezvous the truck and trailer were loaded up.
Did'nt take a whole lot of pictures back then but here's a few.Rig I made for hauling the 18' tipi,with the truck loaded too.

They were some very fun times.
It's good that you show this hobby out there.Many things are learned along the way.We all had our assigned nick names,whether we liked them or not.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 07:12:31 am by BowEd »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline BrianS

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2022, 07:33:25 am »
Ed, Great pictures. Thank you for posting them.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2022, 07:42:05 am »
Pretty cool tipi transporter Ed

At first I thought you had wrong picture. I was thinking it was as a grain auger

Bjrogg

A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise