Author Topic: Sweet Cedar  (Read 8189 times)

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
Sweet Cedar
« on: May 19, 2008, 05:01:19 pm »
This is a nice little 60" rawhide backed Cedar bow I just finished. It is 35# @ 25" . It's for my friends wife. She shot my wifes bow last year and has wanted one ever since. So here it is.     ENJOY!
T.J.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline nugget

Re: Sweet Cedar
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 05:05:21 pm »
I told her the only way she could have it is if she went to the Hickory shoot this weekend.  ;)  Either way i am going to try and deliver it tonight or tomorrow.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 05:48:24 pm »
Allright nugget - man that cedar is some pretty wood, she's gonna love it :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 06:38:22 pm »
That's a beauty, TJ. I haven't tackled that cedar stave i traded you out of yet, but that gives me incentive. Done anything with the locust yet?
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 06:57:37 pm »
that's an extraordinarily pretty bow!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 07:54:53 pm by medicinewheel »
Frank from Germany...

Offline nugget

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 07:26:55 pm »
Hillbilly,  I made a bow out of the locust  already. I gave it to my brother for his birthday.
Thanks guys for the comments

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 08:41:50 pm »
Good looking bow TJ.  I like the color. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline nugget

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 09:26:56 pm »
Thanks Justin ;D

Offline DanaM

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 09:33:03 pm »
Looks great TJ, nice job she ought to be pleased.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline nugget

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 09:43:26 pm »
Well guys She LOVED it ! She had a smile on her face the whole time she was at my house. I hope she keeps the excitement the rest of her life.
I tryed to get some pictures of her with it , but she was shy and said Hell no you aint puttin my picture on the internet! :o
Thanks Dana

Offline DanaM

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 09:46:02 pm »
Thats too bad TJ because I'm sure she would be easier to look at than yer big ole mug ;) :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline nugget

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 10:21:15 pm »
Thanks alot Dana  >:(
I was hopeing the beauty of the bow would out shine my mutt of a face ;D

Offline nugget

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 10:22:18 pm »
My wife and my maw think I am beautiful :'(

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 01:59:23 am »
Nice bow, TJ. Will she be bringing it to Hickory?  If so maybe someone can get a pic without her knowing it.   >:D    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline nugget

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 02:12:38 am »
Unfortunately  due to conflicting work schedules she will not be attending.
 I am going to try and sneak a picture or 2 myself . ;)