Author Topic: Did DC hit 200 fps @ 10GPP after all??  (Read 4728 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Did DC hit 200 fps @ 10GPP after all??
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2022, 08:27:59 pm »
Pretty cool ship your building there DC

Really glad you stopped by

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline DC

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2022, 08:40:13 pm »
Thanks BJ

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2022, 08:54:21 pm »
hope you using primitive tools,,, ;D

Offline DC

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2022, 01:34:54 am »
Nope :)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2022, 05:06:01 am »
Quite an accomplishment DC.Amazing amount of details in that ship building.If you get enough hobbies over the years you can revisit them.That's what I do.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 07:26:22 am by BowEd »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline DC

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2022, 12:03:32 pm »
Hey Ed. I still have some of that brain tanned you sent me. I haven't repeated a hobby yet and at 75 I don't have much time.

Offline TimmyDeNorCal

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2022, 11:35:23 am »
Congratulations, DC!

Unbelievable accomplishment.

I started my descent back through the pages of PA.com's "Bows" forum, which I perform every now and then, just to marvel at all of the amazing bows posted here, and I missed when this post started to really take off (I was on page 597 of posts).

I think in DC's strict adherence to absolute validity, he kind of discarded his own accomplishments...which is a testament to his strength of character, in my opinion. Just about all of the people I find myself forced to be around these days would be bragging 24/7 about hitting 200FPS, on 6 different social media platforms, to anyone and everyone (even though they probably didn't even build the dern bow themselves)!

And DC built it and hit 200 FPS with it.

But, man, somewhat of an anticlimactic revelation...

...we should be honoring DC, right?? While I am happy that he has found a new hobby, it just seems a little wrong to me to just let the man slip away into model ship-building without some honors and celebrations?!?   ;D

* Also - I know it has been discussed before, to some degree, but I think a publication needs to be created that accumulates maybe the top 50 all-wood bows of the past 10-15 years, if for nothing more than posterity, but I'm sure we would all attach much more value to the booklet than that! I picture a coffee table-quality book, showcasing all of the amazing bows created with all of the advancements/re-discoveries, etc. that have been propagated over the last 20-30 years or so. Maybe it would need to include 100 bows, who knows...but it would be a book** that would ALWAYS stay on my coffee table!!

** Of course, the cost of the book would be high, being that it would be largely comprised of full-page color photos...so it is probably just a pipe dream. I always assumed the lack of color photos in the TBBs was due to production costs, and I'm sure Hamm, Baker, Comstock, etc. would have appreciated seeing their works in color just as much as the rest of us would have, especially considering how difficult it was to discern just what the hell was going on in some of those dulled-out B & W pix!! BUT, all that being said, maybe it could still be done...on a small scale, with help. I just worry about the pictorial proof of all of these amazing bows will disappear  (like the older pix from older posts have already done, being "deleted by admin," or whatever it says on the posting).