Author Topic: Miss you all  (Read 1725 times)

Offline YosemiteBen

Miss you all
« on: March 05, 2023, 12:50:26 am »
It is 9:21 pm at my house. We had a pretty good winter storm wreak havoc around here. Some folks are just now getting back to their homes. Lots of lost food due to extended power outages. We got a generator hooked up last summer and I am really happy it was. I have not been into my regular office for two weeks now. There is a lot of snow. Not enough plow operators. Rock slides, tree failures. No power. What A mess. We are supposed to be getting another round of snow now but it seems to fluctuate between rain and snow. I guess morning light will tell the result.

I Am not here very often since PA lost their security on the site and I can no longer access it from work. Darn government restrictions. I had to fill out a special form in the first place as PA was listed as a hunting site. I had to argue for the primitive skills side of things just to get access at work.

In my time here, I have hade some awesome point trades and Christmas Exchanges. I have learned some valuable knowledge from the Institute of you all. I have prayed for many of you and your families and I know that you all have prayed for mine from time to time. I have lost new PA friends and made new ones. I have watched our population ebb and flow. I guess that is how life is. I do appreciate you all!

I see some of you on Facebook. It is easier for me to access. Nice to see some of you there.

Keep up all of your excellent work! Keep bringing cool stories. Google Yosemite Webcams if you want a look around my office. If you make it out west, Stop by and say hello or sit and crack some rock!

Let me know what I can do for you.
Take care of yourselves and each other.
I will be here from time to time.
Yosemite Ben

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: Miss you all
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 01:20:44 am »
Hope you ask are getting through the wild weather!  Our friend in Big Bear Lake has a whole bunch of snow!  We still have snow from Christmas, and had drifts high enough that the dogs just walked over the 5 foot fence!  Since we decided to get a snow thrower, it very likely will not snow much this season!  So far, we only hit -20F twice!  Take care and keep on breaking rock and scraping wood! (lol)
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2023, 01:25:03 am »
Btw, send me an FB friend request! I still have to learn how to post there, though! :fp (lol). There's only 400 of me on there - I'm the one in the kilt and beret! (lol)
Jerry Mc Connell
Jerry

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2023, 07:38:02 am »
Been thinking about you Ben. Hope that things get better when the snow melts. Probably will bring some more problems though.

Guessing all that snow melting and all the fairly recent forest fires is not going to be a good combination.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2023, 08:13:22 am »
Glad all is good Ben, miss your post. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2023, 10:02:54 am »
Been thinking a lot about you Ben with the storms coming one after another over the winter. Maybe all this snow and rain will break the long running drought.
 I was waterproofing my felt hat yesterday and admiring the beaded hat band I got from you.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2023, 07:12:50 pm »
Nice to hear from you all! Back to my regular office to help shovel out hydrants tomorrow. Gearing up for an atmospheric river this weekend! Should be an adventure!
@PatB - got something else on a backburner for you....
@BJrogg - yeah, Highway 70 on the way to my dads house has been hit exceptionally hard since the Dixie fire. Now with all the snow it got worse.
@ Hawkdancer - I will try to find you....

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2023, 03:13:44 am »
Ben,
My FB profile opens with "semi retired civilian and military"
Jerry Mc Connell
Jerry

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2023, 01:17:53 am »
Well Hawk Dancer - I can not find you. I am Ben Cunningham-Summerfield on FB.

Well here it is March 29 and I got two inches of new snow on the ground and it is still coming down! Took my wife to the doc the other day and on the way home we felt a dip in the road and we looked at each other and said the road is falling out here. Next day the road dept closed the road because it fell out where we said it would, I didn't do it!

Offline uwe

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2023, 01:54:35 pm »
Hi Ben,
I`ll watch out for you there!
 (-_) (-_) (-_)
Regards Uwe

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2023, 03:07:53 pm »
That had to be both terrifying and a huge relief at the same time Ben. Glad it held up for you.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2023, 06:41:46 pm »
Yeah, Very glad it held up for you!

Hopefully going to take a trip out to Yosemite sometime to challenge a couple of the big walls out there! maybe see you this summer then!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2023, 01:13:42 am »
@ deerhunter - iffn ya do I can be reached at 209-628-0964, text first. I can send you home with some obsidian.