Author Topic: Heads up, Longrifle show  (Read 3540 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Heads up, Longrifle show
« on: January 13, 2023, 08:49:45 am »
I should have posted this earlier for any M/L guys in N/W Alabama, MS or South central TN.

Today and tomorrow, there is a huge Kentucky rifle show at Wheeler Lodge near Rogersville Al. I think they have sold out 110 tables for vendors for this event. There will be a mixture of original longrifles and contemporary ones and everything associated with this type of firearm, parts, stock wood, some kits. Some of the collectors have impressive historic guns on display. There will be a lot of finely crafted contemporary rifles and pistols for sale.

Here is the flier for the event;

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Heads up, Longrifle show
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 05:13:40 pm »
I just got back, it is amazing how many local and internet friends I get to see at these events, I didn't get to everyone so I have to go back tomorrow.

I did get to hold a Kibler Woods Runner longrifle kit in the white, amazing. If I didn't already have 5 deer caliber black powder guns, I would have to have one.

This guy had the coolest hat.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 07:26:40 pm by Eric Krewson »

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 03:46:44 pm »
One guy documented just about all the historic guns at the show with along with some of the contemporary guns as well.

Here is link to his pictures.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP1lhV8zN0eRaOrzqqjokGLGgGxkXNo0LRWVlSnWH5C7vqYChLi6ewNQeH5gAe8Qw?key=clNxWkVBb3dkQ2dLUnVhZUtkazhPUmU5Q2dMd3pn

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 05:53:57 pm »
For any of you considering a Kibler kit; this picture has a finished Kibler Woods Runner on top, next are two assembled Woods Runner kits which come out of the box looking pretty much like this, very little fitting involved. The two rifles on the bottom are finished Kibler's Colonial rifles which take more fitting and metal finishing than the Woods Runner kits. The finished rifles were done by Mike Rayburn, he is very good at what he does.