Author Topic: Necklaces/jewelery etc.  (Read 2289 times)

Offline ssrhythm

Necklaces/jewelery etc.
« on: January 10, 2023, 06:27:22 pm »
Do any of y’all make necklaces with arrowhead pendants?  I have wire wrapped points I found back in the day and had them on leather cord simply tied in a square knot for myself.  Now that I’m knapping points, I’d like to make more refined necklaces/jewelry pieces.  I still want to use leather, and I’m going to try to glue the pieces onto brass pendant holder thingies I found online.

What I’m finding next to impossible to figure out is what type of clasp system would work on a typical piece of shoelace-like leather that will easily affix to each end that allows easy on/off of necklace.  It seems there would be something that would easily crimp…think wire connector crimps…with a loop on one side and a spring loaded closed hook on the other.

I’ve found some crimp on hardware online, but it is absolute junk that crushes when crimped.  If anyone knows the solution to this problem, please please point me in the right direction!

When I say “crushes,” I mean it breaks into pieces.
Thanks in advance.

Offline GlisGlis

Re: Necklaces/jewelery etc.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 02:34:44 am »
google "adjustable sliding knot necklace"
these are 2 knots that shorten/extend the length of the necklace
Easy to do, cheap and practicle

Offline ssrhythm

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 02:50:02 pm »
Thanks.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023, 12:52:34 am »
I don't bother with clasps. I just make them long enough to go over my head. You can use "button" and hole type end though.

Offline ssrhythm

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2023, 02:06:07 pm »
I found some “clasps” I thought might work, and I was wanting to put them to the test before sharing.  They are perfect, look good, low profile, small, easy to put necklace on and off, and have not failed to hold yet…pretty cheap too.  I’ll post up the specific name once I get some with work and can find where I bought the things.  I’ll post some pics too.