Author Topic: Broadhead target ?  (Read 4005 times)

Offline Little John

Broadhead target ?
« on: January 26, 2023, 07:26:47 pm »
  Does anyone know of a good broadhead target, that the arrows will pull easily? I have been shooting broadheads as a draw length check and to help draw thru the release and not to collaps, seems to be helping but arrows are difficult to pull from hay bale. I think most of us short draw more than we know, and I am amazed how hard a light bow shoots when pulled to a true 28 inches.
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Broadhead target ?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 11:10:40 pm »
Hey Kenneth, it was great talking to you today.  :OK
If you can fine a piece of cushion foam or other rubberized foam either should work pretty good.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 02:16:15 am »
Thanks Pat. p
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 08:26:11 am »
If you can find a shot up section of 3D target, they make good broadhead targets. Most of the tournaments I go to have these in abundance, the ones that are really shot up go for free or very cheaply.

This is one was from a mountain goat, between me shooting it and the squirrels hollowing it out it had hole in it as big as a soccer ball. I filled the hole with Loctite expanding form, it is denser than Great Stuff. Filling both sides took a whole can of the Loctite and part of a can of Great stuff. Broadheads pull out of it fairly easily.

The section on the ground is out of a bedded buck like the one in the background, it was my broadhead target for years until I repaired the Mt Goat section.

Offline Little John

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2023, 11:13:20 am »
  Great idea Eric, I will keep my eyes open for the shot out 3D targets and recondition. I have also found out that the zwickey  heads pull so much easier than grizzlies with their squared off base, but I like the single bevel grizzlies better for hunting.