Author Topic: Fletching jig  (Read 4386 times)

Offline Justynwithay

Fletching jig
« on: February 01, 2023, 10:05:42 pm »
Looking for some input on a fletching jig. I've googled it but there's so many different one's on the market. As a beginner bowyer what kind of jig should I consider?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Fletching jig
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 11:41:20 pm »
I have a JoJan Multi Fletch and it is very versatile. Mine is a straight fletch but you can offset the feather jig either to the left or right.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 06:34:38 am »
I have the same as Pat. I have a very limited budget. I’m sure there are better ones if you have a budget for them but for what I do my JoJan works fine.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 12:39:45 pm »
I've used the same Bitzenburger for 20 plus years. I will probably be using it 20 years from now. If I'm still "here" :)

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Chumash

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 12:58:20 pm »
I also use a Jo Jan multifletcher for about 23 years now, but I like also to fletch without a jig ( only use a cardboard with a hole and pencil markers for the feather position for marking the shaft ) and without glue only with some wrapping of sinew.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 06:29:26 pm »
The JoJan I have was given to me by a friend over 30 years ago and it was given to him by a man that used it in the 1950s and 60s.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2023, 09:41:13 pm »
I have several Bitzenburger jigs.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2023, 01:47:22 am »
Get the best you can afford!  I have a Bitzenberger, you can get left, right, and straight clamps for it.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Online Eric Krewson

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2023, 06:42:41 pm »
I knew I was going to be into this archery thing for the long haul so I started buying and trading for new and used Bitzes back in the 70s.

I had a lot more but gave them to people just starting out, 6 is all I need, these are on a lazy Susan table that rotates.

Offline Butch Speer

• St. Clair Mo.
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2023, 03:23:24 pm »
Been using the same Bitz for over 50 years. Replaced the clamp cause I dropped it on concrete and bent it. Very good bargain.
God Bless
Butch
Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

Phillip King

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2023, 01:47:49 pm »
Here is a Hoyt I found on Ebay a couple years ago, Works Well Also, All these rigs work good. I just noticed mine is covered in dust, I better get usin it, been a while.

Offline organic_archer

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2023, 11:27:40 am »
I used the Jojan Multi for years. It’s been discontinued for quite some time and they can be hard to find. I sold them and switched to the newer Avalon Multi Fletch carried by 3 Rivers. It’s the same design and about the same price as a used Jojan. It works just the same but has higher quality hardware and the parts are machined.
Owner
Organic Archery
Hand-Crafted Longbows & Wooden Arrows