Author Topic: Ebay bamboo shafting  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Little John

Ebay bamboo shafting
« on: March 07, 2023, 06:25:30 pm »
I just received my bamboo shaft order, over all I am very happy with them. I ordered 25  at 50-55 spine and they cost right at 3 dollars each with free shipping, a real bargain compared to arrow shafts from 3 rivers with expensive shipping. They were more like 60-65 spine but are 39 inches long so can use the smaller end and cut to length to reduce e spine or leave longer or shoot heavier points to get good arrow flight. They spin true, are tempered,  finished, and are  small diameter. I have them sorted into 4 groups of similar weight and spine, could get them closer if you only need like 4 arrow sets. I wish I had at least 100 so they could sort them into matched sets. Over all very happy and much better than I can make. Can't  wait to get a few made up.
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Mesophilic

Re: Ebay bamboo shafting
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 08:16:39 am »
How would you rate the straightness?  Last couple of orders I made for bulk bamboo shafts, 50% required quite a bit of work getting straight.
Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-

Offline Little John

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 01:04:10 pm »
  Yes they are very very straight. I have only gotten two made up, one with a home made trade point and one with my home made target point ( I take a 16 penny nail, braze weld a glob of brass on it and grind off to a point. drill out the shaft to fit and glue in). Not primitive but very traditional. Both arrows shoot like a dream in a 40 and 50 pound bow. I made them up 33 inches long, one weighs 570 grains and the other one 500 grains. the 500 grain arrow has very small fletches and still flys like a dart from both bows. I have wanted to try these shafts for a long time but was hesitant because I did not want to wait forever for them to come on a slow boat from china, these shipped from Kentucky and arrived in 6 days. They are truly natures carbon arrows, and measure about 5/16 inches in diameter. well I am off to the basement to make up some more.  LJ
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Little John

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 05:44:17 pm »
I have finished 6, cut to 33 inches and fletched with 3 inch shield cut fletches. They fly beautifully  from all of my bows. I can only shoot about 28 yards in the barn due to all the snow but am anxious to be able to try them out at longer distance and flight shoot them for distance.

Offline Buckskinner

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 08:27:43 am »
I ordered some after I saw Little John's post, which was just prior to Pat offering more of his Hill Cane which I really like! And I just cut about 3 dozen multi-floral rose shafts as well. Can't have too much arrow shaft materials...

Just got the 25 Ebay shafts yesterday and they are very impressive.  Very clean, uniform and straight, will only take a little tweaking to get shootable straight, some are good to go.  Teste a few spines and because of length they will be easy to get a nice set out of them.  Hopefully get some put together this weekend.