Author Topic: Toasted or toast belly frets  (Read 595 times)

Offline DV IN MN

Toasted or toast belly frets
« on: April 03, 2023, 05:49:32 pm »
 Here is a pick of the crack that runs off the side. Is it worth sinew wrapping? The crack on the edge to the belly is probably 7 in long. can I just wrap where it goes off the edge to the belly or wrap the complete length?
Will it change the tiller and if so how with the wrap on it can I re tiller?
It is 64 TT and 65 ish @ 28 in. 
Really wonky tiller. The end where I forced the re-curve in it has been heated 3 times and holds it until I put it in brace height. Has a flat spot also on that limb where I shaved wood off to get below the cracks.

Offline superdav95

Re: Toasted or toast belly frets
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 11:03:16 pm »
You could wrap it with sinew but I would try some sort of linen wrap or fine thread wrap first to see if you get the results you want and it holds together.  Just a thought.  Good luck. 
Sticks and stones and other poky stabby things.

superdav95@gmail.com

Offline DV IN MN

Re: Toasted or toast belly frets
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 02:26:48 pm »
Thanks Dave did not think of using the linen thread. I plan to saturate the crack and all the other linear cracks with super glue first. I assume after wrapping with the linen thread I should saturate it with super glue or TB III?. I am pretty surprised it held up with all the flexing I have put it through all ready. I found it when I burnished the bow so should I rough up that area to be secured with sandpaper again for adhesion purposed?