Main Discussion Area > Muzzleloaders

Percussion Cap Heads Up

(1/1)

Eric Krewson:
Percussion caps have been in very short supply, vendors have taken advantage of this shortage to price gouge shooters for ridiculous prices for a tin of caps, some have been selling them for up to $50 a tin.

I just found out that many Walmarts have just restocked CCI caps for $5.62 a tin. Academy has them but wants $11+ for the same thing.

When I saw online that Walmart had them, I hustled over to the closest one expecting to find only empty shelves but lo and behold they had them, not many because someone had been there before me. I bought 3 tins and left the rest for the next guy.

I have two tins in my range box from the 70s, they go off most of the time but are weak, I use them for target shooting only, I have 1 1/2 tins I bought at Walmart before the shortage. With my current purchase I now have enough to last me a long while, I shoot flint most of the time but do have 3 percussion rifles I use caps in.

Stoker:
Good score.

mullet:
I saw the Walmart in Elberton, Ga. had a shelf full of them so I picked up one tin of caps. I already had a bunch of number 10's and 11's on hand. No need to be greedy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version