Information and Resources > Trading Post

Looking for a spine tester

(1/2) > >>

JW_Halverson:
I would be willing to make up a custom leather muzzleloader shooting pouch, or a pile of accessories such as custom powder measure, vent pick, pan brush, birdsmouth ball bag/ball dispenser, and multilayer padded waxed canvas rifle sock. Possibly even a custom powderhorn (but I don't have the talents for scrimhaw)?

Thanks!

Eric Krewson:
As crafty as you are you could probably make a top notch one, from what I have seen over the years they are not that hard to make.

Lots of spine tester making videos on youtube, some I like some I don't.

I have an Adams spine tester that I have probably had for 40 years; I still use it quite often for tuning my arrows to a bow so I don't want to turn it loose. If I remember right mine was over $100 when I bought it, I looked it up and they no longer make it, similar ones made now are (GASP!) over $350. 

JW_Halverson:

--- Quote from: Eric Krewson on July 26, 2023, 08:39:23 am ---As crafty as you are you could probably make a top notch one, from what I have seen over the years they are not that hard to make.

Lots of spine tester making videos on youtube, some I like some I don't.

I have an Adams spine tester that I have probably had for 40 years; I still use it quite often for tuning my arrows to a bow so I don't want to turn it loose. If I remember right mine was over $100 when I bought it, I looked it up and they no longer make it, similar ones made now are (GASP!) over $350.

--- End quote ---

I have been looking at blogs, videos, etc and I am willing to build my own. But I do not want the dial gauge type. I like the simple design of the weight moving a needle up and down on a graph. Problem is that every time I click on a link to download or print the arc scale the page is "404 Page Not Found". This is getting annoying.

paulsemp:
I prefer with a digital caliper. Made a homemade 2 lb weight. Downloaded the amo spine chart printed it off. Total cost of this with caliper maybe 20 bucks

paulsemp:
One more

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version