Author Topic: Inside Outdoors TV at OJam  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Inside Outdoors TV at OJam
« on: July 25, 2023, 03:15:43 pm »
I was surprised to find an Inside Outdoors TV segment today on the Outdoor Channel that had the hosts going to OJam and building selfbows (with a lot of help). Expert selfbow guy Joe Don Jones even helped them finish their bows. But alas, I didn't see a tillering gizmo anywhere.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Inside Outdoors TV at OJam
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 04:13:45 pm »
I was surprised to find an Inside Outdoors TV segment today on the Outdoor Channel that had the hosts going to OJam and building selfbows (with a lot of help). Expert selfbow guy Joe Don Jones even helped them finish their bows. But alas, I didn't see a tillering gizmo anywhere.

That’s cool. I would like to see that.

I just want to tell you that I’ve seen the results from your tillering gizmo Eric. And they have helped a lot of people.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2023, 12:35:00 pm »
I saw most of that episode the other evening. Very well done and hopefully it enlightened some to the joys of selfbows. No gizmo, but I can attest that it's the number one thing that advanced my bow making skills.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 10:21:58 am »
Anyone know what channel on DirecTV?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2023, 09:10:16 am »
I googled it, it says channel 606.

Offline Muskyman

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2023, 09:56:46 am »
A gizmo has helped me see what I can’t with just my eye. I haven’t made many bows but, since I made  a gizmo it’s helped me tremendously with the tillering process. Probably the best tool I have.
Thanks Eric.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2023, 10:21:06 am »
Thanks Eric. I guess I could have done that.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC