Author Topic: Opening Day  (Read 3574 times)

Offline Aaron1726

Opening Day
« on: September 09, 2023, 11:14:39 am »
It's opening day of archery season for deer here in North Carolina.  Nothing like the first morning back in the woods!  I was able to get a few hours of hunting in before the storms rolled in.  Lots of critters moving, saw a couple deer, several coons, squirrels and rabbit.  None of my arrows got to fly, but it was a great morning to be in the woods.  Only shot I took took was this one of my setup for this year by one of the old barns where I hunt.  Till next time....

Offline PaSteve

Re: Opening Day
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 12:36:25 pm »
Best of luck to you this year Aaron. It's a special day for sure.
    My most anticipated day of the year. Although it's still 3 weeks away.  I moved to a new area with a fair amount of public land. The last two weeks I've been scouting a lot. This year it's even more special as I get to hunt land I've never hunted before. Like a new beginning as I have been hunting the same properties for the last 35 years. Back to the "big" woods again and I can't wait.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2023, 01:14:09 pm »
Keep at it, Aaron. I'm not sure if our mountain section is open yet but it is still too hot for me for hunting. That's what happens when you get older. When we lived in coastal SC opening day was August 15 and I was always out there on opening day.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Aaron1726

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2023, 07:08:54 pm »
Thanks yall, hoping it will be a good season. 

Yeah Pat, it's still a bit hot, I only hunt mornings this time of year.  August in sc though, that would be rough!

Good luck to you too Steve.  Always cool to hunt new places.

Take care guys

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2023, 07:09:20 am »
Good luck and shoot straight, ours opens the 23rd, can't wait. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2023, 02:26:07 pm »
Good luck, all!  I was sickly on opening weekend and only got out for a couple hours.  Making up for lost time the next few days.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour