Main Discussion Area > Primitive Skills

Storing processed pine pitch

(1/1)

Aaron1726:
Just thought I'd share this if anyone else would benefit from it.  One issue that I've had with trying to amass a quantity of pitch is that I run out of empty metal containers to store my strained pitch in.  And the I have to heat the whole thing no matter how much I need for glue, or other use.  I was in wally world the other day and saw these silicon molds for candy making and though, wonder if pitch would be ok in these?  So I grabbed one and gave it a try.  It works great.  I can melt some globs of fresh pitch, strain it and then pour into the molds.  Once it cools I pop out the little nuggets and I've been storing them in a mason jar.  When I need some for what ever project I'm doing I can grab a nugget or 2 and there you go.  Any way, just though I'd share and also wonder what others do to save their pitch.  Here's a few pics of the mold, in use, and my stash so far in the jar.  Take care.

Pappy:
That’s a great idea, thanks for sharing, I am going to give that a try. Pappy

White Falcon:
Great idea.

JW_Halverson:
Oooh! Root beer candies! *pops one in my mouth*   :-[

WhistlingBadger:
Brilliant!  Thanks for sharing.

--- Quote from: JW_Halverson on December 31, 2023, 08:56:14 pm ---Oooh! Root beer candies! *pops one in my mouth*   :-[

--- End quote ---
;D ;D ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version