Author Topic: A couple static curve questions  (Read 1962 times)

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
Re: A couple static curve questions
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2023, 10:13:52 pm »
Ya it’s strange how it happens.  I’ve had this happen to me also.  I find the heat gun with blowing hot air likes to wrap around with the heat.  Was it clamped down to anything when you used the heat gun on the levers?  If so that heat could also be bounced back onto the back over time and accumulate heat too getting hotter and hotter.  This is what I figure happened to me trying to do the same last year on a build.  I’ve started lining my forms with something nonflammable to prevent heat wrapping effect.  For a visual to explain what I believe is going on… if you e ever done and soldering of copper piping and put the flame of your torch onto the pipe and can see the flame wrap around the pipe as if it almost hugs the pipe and reconnects on the other side of the pipe.  I’m sure there is a technical name for this for those scientific guys out there.
Yeah, I think that's exactly what happened.  The heat got sort of concentrated between the form and the back, instead of dispersing into the air like it does on the belly.  That's the only way I can think of that the back could have gotten hotter than the belly, which was actually receiving the direct heat.

I know it’s not funny but you sure are making me laugh with you comments  WB 😊 . Pappy 
No worries, Pappy.  In my better moments I find my knack for creative ineptitude rather funny too.   ;D
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour