Author Topic: Sneak Peek At My Next Project  (Read 6194 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Sneak Peek At My Next Project
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 05:17:58 pm »
Me too. That's some purty wood Destructo, don't look like something you cut in the panhandle :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 08:29:25 pm »
Yup thats Yooper Birdseye Maple, high dollar wood there, one veneer log of it will sell for thousands :o

Looks real purty Mike :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 08:36:27 pm »
Yup thats Yooper Birdseye Maple, high dollar wood there, one veneer log of it will sell for thousands :o

Looks real purty Mike :)

Dana wins da Prize....It's Birdseye Maple from Marquette County in Upper Michigan...My Brother used to work for a Flooring Mill that makes all of the Basketball Floors for the NBA...including their Portable ones.....He Cobbed on to tons of the Stuff....His whole Kitchen is done in Birdseye....Anyways....this is Hickory Backed Birdseye Maple.....I Perry Reflexed 5 inches into it while it was gluing up.....I have it Long String Tillered just about....before the String Mishap....I am going to go and but some more Cord tomorrow so I can finish it up......what do you guys use for a Long String....What material is it made from?? I just use Parachute Cord....maybe I need to switch!!!! ;D ;D ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 08:39:28 pm »
Mike I just use a B-50 bowstring for a tillering string. If ya make it up this summer you need to bring this bow with ya eh ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 08:54:33 pm »
Oh.....I take all my New Ones Home...My Brothers and Dad would be peeved at Me if I didn't...they look forward to seeing them....So I go Home with Bows and come back with Logs!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Jesse

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 09:26:47 pm »
Nice bow looking forward also to the finished product.
I like fast flight for a tillering string. It doesnt stretch which is nice when you are trying to put a low brace on a reflexed bow for the first time.
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 10:08:47 pm »
I use a B 50 with a timber hitch on one end and a loop on the other.
Traverse City, MI

escanabajosh

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2008, 04:50:30 pm »
how did this one turn out? i was wanting to do my first build with birdseye but it is a lot of $ but i did grab some chunks of veneer from work so might be able to do somthing with that......i just need to find time to get to uncle danas (danaM) so he can teach me the primitave ways....

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2008, 09:37:21 pm »
sorry to hear about the string.i love the wood and i hope it works out for you.john

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2008, 12:30:23 am »
Josh.... I have been playing with it a Bit....but I have been working so much I haven't had time to really get into it.....It is going to make a really nice Bow though....Whether it is finished or not.....I am taking it up North with Me to show My Dad...and will be taking it to Dana's also....He was watching the Build too....so maybe you can see it too....as for the String.,.... I bought some Mountain Climbing Cord...it should be tough enough!!
2024...We Will Overcome

Phillip K

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2008, 01:36:22 am »
No doubt gonna be a great bow,that inner cord stuff gots uses :)