Author Topic: Riding The Storm Out  (Read 509 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Riding The Storm Out
« on: January 13, 2024, 10:15:07 am »
Got everything as ready as I could before the storm. Then I finished up this project.

Obsidian blade I knapped from a spall. Cholla handle with black walnut and oak button. Halft with pitch glue and sinew.

The base is reclaimed black walnut from a pallet. Living edge showing. I cut a grove in base of shed antler for knife blade to sit in and then lined it with scrap red fox leg fur.

Bjrogg

PS I think we had more snow before the storm. We got about three inches of slush. Electricity is out. Hooked up my generator early this morning.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 02:28:02 pm by bjrogg »
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Muskyman

Re: Riding The Storm Out
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2024, 11:42:01 am »
Looks great Brian. I can relate to the power outages. I live rural too. I’ve thought about getting a backup generator but when I look at them it seems like it costs as much to get it hooked up as the generator. Maybe do it someday. Anyway nice little blade and stand

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2024, 11:58:49 am »
Looks great Brian. I can relate to the power outages. I live rural too. I’ve thought about getting a backup generator but when I look at them it seems like it costs as much to get it hooked up as the generator. Maybe do it someday. Anyway nice little blade and stand

Yes it certainly isn’t cheap generating your own electricity. We always had dairy cows and they don’t care if you don’t have electricity. They still want to be milked twice a day, feed and watered.

We’ve had to run a tractor with generator for 7 days till we got power back. That’s not any fun and very expensive.

The good thing is we have generators for our home now and no more milk cows.

Bjrogg

Offline Allyn T

• I'm addicted to information
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2024, 10:07:10 am »
Looks good, I really dig the handle
In the woods I find my peace

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2024, 11:50:59 am »
Thanks Allyn. I really like everything about this one. It just seemed like it knew what it wanted to be before I even started.

Bjrogg

Offline Allyn T

• I'm addicted to information
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2024, 05:57:13 pm »
That's a good feeling. Most of the time I don't have a plan I just start thinning and see what it starts to look like
In the woods I find my peace