Author Topic: Work points  (Read 3860 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Work points
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2024, 09:25:12 am »
Well it might be better than learning from chasing my mistakes.lol always say I learn more from my mistakes than my accidental successes.

Nice work

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Muskyman

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2024, 02:54:07 pm »
Flint ridge is about it here Allyn. Have been thinking about making a trip there this spring but undecided as of yet. I’ve looked online and really haven’t seen many options if any in Ohio. Might look around online and see what Kentucky has. I can be in the northern part of the state in about a hour. Might see what’s available around cave run lake and make it a musky fishing/rock hunting trip
Very nice points by the way. Really like the picture with the sunlight showing through the point.

Offline Allyn T

• I'm addicted to information
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2024, 10:42:18 pm »
In the woods I find my peace

Offline Muskyman

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2024, 11:03:55 am »
Allyn, thank you so much. I’ve actually got a creek that runs through my property and have maybe already found something that resembles one of those pieces I saw on the chart.. I put a picture on here back when I found some rocks asking if anyone thought it might be chert. Nobody said anything so I pitched them but I think I stashed the one that might be in the chart.. it was kind of waxy looking when I cracked it into. I might go back out there this weekend and see if I can find it. If I remember right I sat it on a log laying in the creek. Should still be there if it didn’t get washed away by the creek. If I find it I’ll post a picture of it on your thread here.
Thanks again

Offline Parnell

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2024, 12:12:32 pm »
Oh man that last point is killer.  Great picture.
1’—>1’

Offline Allyn T

• I'm addicted to information
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2024, 10:50:10 pm »
Musky no matter if it looks like something on the chart, if it is waxy and it breaks conchodialy you can Knapp it. Now that you have good rock you can find other rock with similar properties to collect on your own.

Parnell thank you very much : ) I was afraid I was gonna break it
In the woods I find my peace

Offline Parnell

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2024, 02:39:33 pm »
That natural line in the material would do it!
1’—>1’