Author Topic: anyone got one of these?  (Read 847 times)

Online Pat B

• Administrator
anyone got one of these?
« on: March 03, 2024, 04:28:17 pm »
I bought this a few months ago to help clear brush along our driveway. I wasn't sure what to expect but I have been completely pleased with it's performance. relatively light in the hand and well balanced. I got it from Amazon. It was $59 and came with two, 21V, Li Lon batteries, a battery charger and assorted tools, extra bar and chain and plastic carrying case. I've used it for wood up to 6" in diameter, mountain laurel and rhododendrons and it walks right through. The batteries last a long time.
 Before I bought it I checked the ratings on this one and the others they offered and even though it was the cheapest had the best ratings and now I know why. Best $59 I've spent in a long time.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 04:34:37 pm by Pat B »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: anyone got one of these?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2024, 07:35:07 pm »
A couple of my buddies had them yesterday while we were cleaning some camp ground, they work fine, I like the smell of smoke and noise so I will stick with the real ones.  ;) :) :) :) :) Just kidding I can see where one would be handy. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 12:07:48 am »
I got my wife a Stihl one, cost a bit more at the local hardware store. She tweaked something in there and the chain wont stay on for anything now. Might send it back to the company. All of my attempts to correct it have been unsuccessful.

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2024, 12:38:48 am »
Pappy, anything over 6" I use my Stihl 028. Before I got this little gem I was using an arborist saw of folding landscape saw.
 Ben, the chain tightening screw is a bit cheesy on this saw and it has to line up with a hole in the cover and is a bit troublesome to get it just right.   You probably have more use for a snow plow these days.  (A)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2024, 01:09:05 am »
@PatB  we only ended up with about 8" in Yosemite Valley. The Tahoe area got over 120"! I have tried a number of things with that little saw. Might get her a bigger electric saw with less vibration.
Spring is springing all around! Hazelnuts are blooming. at lower elevations lots of tiny flowers are popping. Gearing up for rolling spring breaks in Yosemite! Wife's gardening bug is biting hard! Got a warm spell in the forecast! We shall see what we can get done!

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2024, 10:37:05 am »
I bought a mini electric pole saw from Harbor Freight; it was about the same size as your mini saw, I used it for cutting at ground level as much as I did pruning. That was the handiest thing I ever bought; it would cut for hours on a charge. It lasted about a year and a half, Harbor Freight quit selling that brand and didn't have the parts to fix it.

I bought a similar Lowe's Kobalt pole saw off a guy selling pallet returns, it ran about an hour and quit. There was a recall on this brand of saw, being an honest person, I didn't feel right about getting a new replacement saw for a saw I bought at a bargain basement price off a pallet and not directly from Lowe's.

I bought a Stihl pole saw next, it will outlast me. 

For light trimming I bought a Stihl 170 chainsaw, light and very handy. Since buying my 170 my 029 sits on the shelf unless I am cutting really big stuff.

I had a lot of underbrush to clear down in my woods so I bought a carbide tooth brush clearing blade for my Stihl weed eater, anything less than 2" is gone in a second, something 3" thick is about its limit.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 10:43:27 am by Eric Krewson »

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2024, 06:47:57 pm »
We bought the Ryobi 18v, pole and hand chain set  since most of our power tools are Ryobi and we have plenty batteries and chargers.  Seems to work alright for now.  About time to get busy and finish cutting up the trimming from last fall.  When the wind dies down a bunch, 20 mph NNE right now!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry