Author Topic: stone points on cain  (Read 5474 times)

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
Re: stone points on cain
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 09:55:11 am »
Steve, I thought I was the only one with that trouble.  I've yet to find cane thick enough to mount my points in.   ???

Hey Paul.  Nice Points.  Is one of those some of the Key County that I brought to the classic?  I like the two tone effect either way.

Mike 
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 04:45:40 pm »
That's what I did also Greg - using a candle for heat and straighten by eye, has worked so far :).
 Nosir Mike - those are the only stone point arra's I've made to date and has been almost a year. Their all Pederanales stuff. Got more in the works right now - can't wait to stick that deer ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 05:50:28 pm »
Really nice Paul.  As soon as I get back home and access to a camera I have several to post as well.  I have two that I'd like to actually hunt with. Seeing two elk this afternoon sure puts the bug in you. 

I'm over in NE Oklahoma right now and went hunting for some rock last night on the Illinois River.  The water is up so I could only work the high banks.  I found some workable rock, but nothing big enough to work down.  I also found a sweat hammerstone and was running some pretty good flakes on the rock I found.  If I find some bigger rocks, it should work pretty good. 

Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline michbowguy

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 09:25:50 pm »
i use foreshafts,cut groves directly in the cane, and ive also "tied off and smashed the tip end about 2 inches"
i realy like the last type tho, as the pitch realy adheres well to the tip and flattens around the tip good,and then i make sure i wrap them extra well with sinew about 2 inches behind the tip, this realy makes for a good bond!
mbg

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 12:15:51 am »
Foreshafts.............been doin' it so long maybe thats why I dont find it a pain ! ;D Theres another reason but I will let y'all speculate what the reason is ! ;D ;D.............bob