Author Topic: ''TechnoHunt" Simulator  (Read 14547 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
''TechnoHunt" Simulator
« on: June 01, 2008, 07:04:05 pm »
Hey......Since We have some of the Wisest People in the Archery Worlds here on this Site.I have a Question for You....Y'all.... or You's Guy's......how ever you say it in your Neck of the Woods..I was hit up today on going in on a Partnership in the Purchase of a TechnoHunt Computer Hunting/Shooting Simulator......This is going to cost $26,000 set up in a Building that We are going to have to either rent or Buy..these systems have 1,000 different Hunting/Target Shooting Scenarios....are set up for Internet Gaming .....and also have National Shooting Tournaments.....I have never shot one....My Buddy is hooked on it....and swears that it can Make US Money....in His Words.....My question to you is....Are they worth it...can they make Money.....will it fly?????
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline recurve shooter

Re: ''TechnoHunt" Simulator
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 07:32:53 pm »
depends on where you are. if your surrounded by shooting fanatics, it might make you some money. i really dont know. just had to throw something in there.  ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 08:05:25 pm »
Oh.....Archery Hunting is a Big Deal here..just don't know if this Indoor Stuff would catch on....I was thinking that if We did go in on this.....We would have to Offer a Free Weekend....so people could come in and try it....then maybe they would get Hooked......
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 10:18:28 pm »
  It kind of sounds dentrimental to hunting to me. Let's say, everybody starts hunting indoors, on TV's instead of doing the real thing. Seems like hunting license sales would decline and then MNGT area's would close for lack of revenue. In a few years the only place to hunt would be in your establishment.
   Yea, sounds like you could make some money. :( :'(
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline sailordad

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 01:09:04 am »
hey el destructo,

you should send me  a pm on some info on that thingy.
sounds like something that would go over well in my area,not to try and steal your idea or anything. however i believe we live in two completlly defferant areas of the countery so i wouldnt be taking any of your customers from ya lol..seriously though  some info would be cool. i like video games ;D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 04:14:27 am »
                Well ......this is a Video Game for Sure.......but with Your Bow and Arrows......their Tips
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 10:42:23 am »
We invested in a similar system at my Dad's archery shop years ago. We had league nights, and folks could rent by the hour, as well. It was worht it to us because we sold products to the guys coming in, but the machine itself never really produced enough to do much more than pay for the investment. Unless you have a full on, established archery shop, I would caution against that big of an investment.

My two cents....
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 10:36:33 pm »
We invested in a similar system at my Dad's archery shop years ago. We had league nights, and folks could rent by the hour, as well. It was worht it to us because we sold products to the guys coming in, but the machine itself never really produced enough to do much more than pay for the investment. Unless you have a full on, established archery shop, I would caution against that big of an investment.

My two cents....

Thanks Chad...this is kind of what I was worried about...because both of Us have full Time Jobs....and were thinking of doing this on Evenings and Weekends only....which limits the Hours that it is available to the Public...and at 10 bucks per Hour per Bow......it's going to take a bunch of Hours to recoup the $26,000 investment....
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 12:50:46 am »
Sorry Destructo...seems like another video game like ya said. Aint huntin' its SIMULATED and safe an comfortable. Guess it would be attractive ta some foks. Just my 2 cents....................bob

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 12:56:09 am »
Sorry Destructo...seems like another video game like ya said. Aint huntin' its SIMULATED and safe an comfortable. Guess it would be attractive ta some foks. Just my 2 cents....................bob

Yep...thats all it is.....a Big Video Game..and I cant sit still for one.....so I guess I am talking Myself out of this Venture....and you are helping Me Big Cat!!!!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Postman

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 12:10:19 pm »
A shop in my area had one - It was pretty neat - I didn't for a second think it was a REPLACEMENT for hunting, just a cool way to practice - high-tech stumping, if you will....  I would hit it when I had a spare hour or two when I was in the area, , but if I had a chance to be in the woods that day? NOWAY! This place actually carried some PA stuff, and even had a few osage sticks on consignment form the guy that got me started. Of course, when Wally World hit the scene 2 miles away, the guy folded. >:( I'd make sure the demand for a shop proves itself first before investing in the rig.  It would definitely be a DRAW to customers ;D
 Just my 2 cents. Good luck!
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline John K

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 01:21:41 pm »
I've shot them, there fun to do in the winter here when it's to cold to shoot outside,  but you won't have that problem where you'r at  :D
The only way to fail is to never start !