Author Topic: dominant eye?  (Read 14508 times)

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
Re: dominant eye?
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 12:34:45 pm »
come to think of it i guess i shoot with both eyes open, hmm i guess i just shoot, never realy thought about it much.
Mililani Hawaii

Online JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 12:57:07 pm »
I am right handed and left eye dominant.  I shoot everything (pistol, rifle, bow) right handed and I have learned to use my right eye when shooting.  Sometimes I'll have an arrow fly "crazy" because my left eye takes over.... but for the most part the switch to right eye dominance when shooting is not a problem for me.

I've tried the switch to left hand shooting but it I can't hit nothin' that way. ;D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 01:01:02 pm by jackcrafty »
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 08:13:32 pm »
Boy....and I thought it was just My youngest Son that was messed up.....shoot there are a  bunch of you out there lurking about!!!

;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

radius

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2008, 03:04:55 pm »
when you guys talk about "eye dominance" does this mean you are using a particular eye to sight along your arrows?  I just look at the target and shoot...and if i'm off a little bit, nevertheless i group up really tight.  I'm nearsighted, so that could be part of the problem, as I tend to hit right of center with matched arrows, but they all pretty much rub together in the face of the target...

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2008, 03:15:08 pm »
Come on and get with it.........Eye dominance is easy to figure out....keep both Eyes open.....now point at something with them both Open.....close one Eye...then the Opposite...now which eye made the Target jump??? The Eye that didn't move the Target you were aiming at...is your Dominant Eye
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

radius

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2008, 04:04:01 pm »
well, for f sake, when i do that, it moves no matter what

Offline DanaM

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2008, 05:40:13 pm »
Come on and get with it.........Eye dominance is easy to figure out....keep both Eyes open.....now point at something with them both Open.....close one Eye...then the Opposite...now which eye made the Target jump??? The Eye that didn't move the Target you were aiming at...is your Dominant Eye

Mike what if I can only close one eye ;) :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2008, 05:59:15 pm »
Your a Smart Aleck aren't you....pulling that Genetic Defect out again on Me!!! My Youngest Boy can Blink with both eyes....but it's both Eyes....not one at a Time....you people are Screwed Up!!! >:D 8)
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2008, 07:38:38 pm »
Yup I'm a mess allright ;) Actually the wink smilie is a what I can do right eye works left don't.
Can shoot either hand and suck equaly with both  ;D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 08:13:11 am by DanaM »
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2008, 12:05:06 am »
Glenn St. Charles fer one said eye dominance is crap. Others have said the same. Agree with em its crap aint no such thing.......bob

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2008, 12:22:02 am »
  Okay, maybe that's why I just point and shoot.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2008, 02:57:18 am »
  Okay, maybe that's why I just point and shoot.

Just like a Kodak Camera....Huh!!!!! Point and Shoot!!!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Hickoryswitch

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2008, 09:40:48 am »
I shoot with bows with both eyes open. I thought that was the way your suppose to shoot anyhow. :) You can train your non dominate eye to be accurate though I did it with a compound using sights.
Wayne Silverthorn

radius

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 01:48:49 am »
yeah, all i do is look at my target...that's it, both eyes open

Offline BearG

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 09:51:41 am »
several years ago I switch from right to left becauce I would lose the target will coming to anchor.  now I shoot a hole lot better.
crap or not I believe there is something to eye dom.  I still shoot pistols and long guns right handed.( pistol a little bit better left handed)  so if you can get your body to work lefty I say go for it
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.