Author Topic: Pretty bows??  (Read 29201 times)

Offline Skeaterbait

Re: Pretty bows??
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2008, 01:08:30 pm »
Ok, I got a little confused in reading through all this..... who pee'd the farthest? :-\ :-\ :-\

Hat's off to ya Dano, you took that abuse well.

Offline Dano

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2008, 05:02:52 pm »
Abuse,  ??? ;D
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

brian melton

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2008, 07:06:21 pm »
    With this on Eddies posts "Watch out where those Huskies go,
 and don't eat  that yellow snow" I bet Eddie is still unrolling his hose..... ;DJust couldn't resist.

Brian

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2008, 08:25:09 pm »
 8) 8) ;)  I think it's cool with me and Dano.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Dano

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2008, 08:58:38 pm »
These things happen on forums like ours where we put so much into our craft. Emotions run wild, mine did Eddie's did, some times ya gotta just take a breath, walk away and let it rest. I'm good!! Let's build some bows!!!
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2008, 01:53:11 am »
I am not wanting a Gimme I would like a fair chance.
I know my skill is not as good as some but I do my best. I put my best into every bow I make. If I would not shoot it I will not give it away.

Most if not all of the bowyers on this site are top notch. It is hard to find a worthy candidate

It makes me try to be a better and more creative artist.
Sorry guys a little rambling please forgive me.

T.J.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2008, 07:40:17 am »
A bow that is well crafted is naturally attractive.

exactly!

...and get your pictures well-focused, than you have the fairest chance!

i had been jumped on for posting a purple heart bow with 2-coloured overlays and found myself hearing stuff like '(such thing) opening the door to FG' and it's been suggested i put on nice pictures in order to capture votes; sure i do; ...AND???
what keeps you from doing the same???!
andrea said it in her fine essay about the whole BOM-hipe in the other thread: it IS a beauty contest; we HAVE to judge by pictures!
for me it somehow comes down to 'you are not fair because you post nice pictures, and i still don't know how to get my camara focussed!' well than RTFM!!!
the above mentioned PH-bow was a good bow with great tiller from difficult wood!
colour of tips's been smiled at, the fact that these were needle tips that certainly added to performance failed to be mentioned!

when this bow failed short to win BOM i was more surprised then anybody; i NEVER would have thought that considdering several bows of higher poundage in that list!
before i had posted a rather short 60#@29" straight bamboo composite that i'm sure would outshoot many other bows posted in that month's list (and more) and would certainly be a great hard-hitting hunting bow AND exposed here with nice detailed pictuers and it never came close to a win! - well, that's the way it is: objective does not exist!

take it easy, please!

frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2008, 02:52:58 pm »
Frank, I understand your thoughts completely.  I love BOM the way it is, but I refuse to take the whole contest to seriously, then I am not too disappointed.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2008, 02:38:31 pm »

that's what i meant to say: it should not be taken too seriously!
f.
Frank from Germany...

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2008, 01:57:45 pm »
If you guys want to shake up the contest without having to change much, why not do a few tandum bows... Help a kid or newbie build a bow and put both names on it. You are serving double duty-- helping someone new and putting a bow in the contest.

Just highlighting a few bows in the magazine seems like a fine idea, too. The biggest contest is with ourself and the piece of wood, anyway.

Besides, ugly bows deserve a chance in the spotlight, too... :D

Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2008, 12:17:34 pm »
here's an idea for the boss ladies, how about affirmative action for bowyering? 
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy